• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD/Closed, thank you! GOLDEN AGE COMICS ADVENTURE TO STAR SPANGLED,

93 posts in this topic

#87 Batman Appearance, 3” cover split, cover detached, Good- Guide $50 bin $35

Nice books. The Star Spangled #87 is also a Gerber 7 if I recall... (thumbs u

I don't have my Gerbers with me, so thank you for pointing that out:) :foryou:

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Adventure Comics #66, Origin of the Shining Knight! Star Man, Cover Detached, some splitting. The paper where the cover is missing is not great, but underneath the pages are much better, easy to read, good color and supple. Good guide is $271, but it’s not quite good, bin $150

Adventure Comics #83 Tape on Spine, Cover detached Last Hourman , Good guide is $123 bin $85

Adventure #113 I know I should have posted this a few weeks ago, but start early!! Christmas cover, Has some Archival tape, cover attached at one staple, very nice pages $40

Archie #19, 2” cut on the cover Good Guide is $135 bin $85

Page 2:

Pals N Gals #10, Tiny bit of distributor’s ink on edges Fine + (6.5) Guide $76, bin $35

Archie's Pals N Gals #12, some distributor's ink on the edges, some creasing, brilliant cover. I lost my notes on this one, it's at LEAST VG , VG guide is $30 ...so how about $15?

KATY KEENE Pin-up #9,great color, tiny bit of distributor’s ink on edges at least Fine , guide is $68 bin $40

Katy Keene #50 , lots of distributor’s ink, but the insides are nice good guide is $18 bin $12

KATY KEENE Fashion Book #23 some extra paper on ends of pages, last issue gd/vg Guide $30 bin $20

KATY KEENE #36, clipped coupon front cover, upper staple is rusty. Fair guide $11 bin $5.00

Page 3:

Hit Comics #37, some non color breaking creases, might even be VG+, Kid Eternity, GGA in Bob and Swab VG, $55

JUNGLE #42, This is one of those strange page counts...where one fold was glued in on the left and another page was sliced out. It's complete, the cover is about a VG, but it's detached and the insides supple, but they are not exactly cut properly, and two or so folds are detached, I saw a few little pieces of tape. I guess the grade is good and I am guessing on this one.

It's complete and I learned something...I didn't know Fiction House did those odd page counts, I thought it was mostly DC with a few Timelys...but I confirmed it..http://twomorrows.com/alterego/media/Golden%20Age%20Index.pdf Also Scarce! There are only 4 on the census... $45

Jungle #98, Used in SOTI (Seduction of the Innocent), writing on cover, 1 inch tear right edge. Gd/VG $42.00

Mad #22 GD/VG Picasso Parody cover. $35

Marvel Family #29, this one should work as a gift for a coin/paper money collector:) Fawcett…a basic VG. $45

59/60 Fair/gd , the pieces missing at the top and bottom are what makes it Fair/good, Free with next purchase.

Sheena, Queen of the Jungle #5, Obvious spine roll and the staples might be dark...1/2 inch tear right edge, nice paper and cover color. Matt Baker cover $80

Page 4:

Sheena #8, Baker Cover, great color, nice gloss, white pages, small piece off cover, lower left, VG- (3.5) $70

Fiction House, Sheena #9, Obvious spine roll, some small tears on a few inside pages, but they are white to off-white and supple, it's just wear. Gd/VG. Baker Cover $60

Sheena Queen of the Jungle #10, there is a tear lower right and one at the base of the spine in the back. there are 2 pieces of what might be archival tape inside the front cover next to where the lower right tear is. Some rippling at the back edge. White pages, Baker cover. $ 46.00

3 D Sheena , It's a nice copy, at least a VG/F, with non color breaking creases, but the original glasses are not there. I'm including a pair of Harvey glasses and I'm pricing it under the good price $65.00

Smash Comics #58, Quality a , nice copy, I purchased it here as Fine-, but I think it’s a little better than that…there is a small chip off the lower spine in the back, or a bite…$55.00

Page 5:

Star Spangled #15 Cover detached at top staple, piece off the back cover , I lowered the grade to good, because of the piece off the back cover. Good Guide $123 bin is $85

Star Spangled #45 looks like a nice copy, but there are 2 cuts in the front cover… Good Guide is $55 bin $40

Star Spangled #59, Centerfold is detached and there is a two inch cover tear, right edge Pages are very nice. Grade is good+ (2.5) , Guide is $62, bin is $40

Alley Oop #11, nice copy with 2 long ncb lines and some color touch on Alley's shirt, very small spine split. App VG+ $29.00

alleyoop11_0001.jpg

alleyoop11_0002.jpg

take it, plus the 3 Peps.

The 73 had a take it before this post, you have the other two and the Alley Oop, sorry about that,my fault, I couldn't keep up.

Some very nice books Sharon!

I hesitated on two books and of course they've sold... :(

Grab 'em quick folks!

EDIT- 4 books that I missed... :frustrated:

Thanks, David, there are still more great books, left;) :foryou:

:whee:

Recap of what's left:

Page 2:

Pals N Gals #10, Tiny bit of distributor’s ink on edges Fine + (6.5) Guide $76, bin $35

Archie's Pals N Gals #12, some distributor's ink on the edges, some creasing, brilliant cover. I lost my notes on this one, it's at LEAST VG , VG guide is $30 ...so how about $15?

KATY KEENE Pin-up #9,great color, tiny bit of distributor’s ink on edges at least Fine , guide is $68 bin $40

Katy Keene #50 , lots of distributor’s ink, but the insides are nice good guide is $18 bin $12

KATY KEENE Fashion Book #23 some extra paper on ends of pages, last issue gd/vg Guide $30 bin $20

KATY KEENE #36, clipped coupon front cover, upper staple is rusty. Fair guide $11 bin $5.00

Page 3:

Hit Comics #37, some non color breaking creases, might even be VG+, Kid Eternity, GGA in Bob and Swab VG, $55

JUNGLE #42, This is one of those strange page counts...where one fold was glued in on the left and another page was sliced out. It's complete, the cover is about a VG, but it's detached and the insides supple, but they are not exactly cut properly, and two or so folds are detached, I saw a few little pieces of tape. I guess the grade is good and I am guessing on this one.

It's complete and I learned something...I didn't know Fiction House did those odd page counts, I thought it was mostly DC with a few Timelys...but I confirmed it..http://twomorrows.com/alterego/media/Golden%20Age%20Index.pdf Also Scarce! There are only 4 on the census... $45

Jungle #98, Used in SOTI (Seduction of the Innocent), writing on cover, 1 inch tear right edge. Gd/VG $42.00

Mad #22 GD/VG Picasso Parody cover. $35

Marvel Family #29, this one should work as a gift for a coin/paper money collector:) Fawcett…a basic VG. $45

59/60 Fair/gd , the pieces missing at the top and bottom are what makes it Fair/good, Free with next purchase.

Sheena, Queen of the Jungle #5, Obvious spine roll and the staples might be dark...1/2 inch tear right edge, nice paper and cover color. Matt Baker cover $80

Page 4:

Sheena #8, Baker Cover, great color, nice gloss, white pages, small piece off cover, lower left, VG- (3.5) $70

Fiction House, Sheena #9, Obvious spine roll, some small tears on a few inside pages, but they are white to off-white and supple, it's just wear. Gd/VG. Baker Cover $60

Sheena Queen of the Jungle #10, there is a tear lower right and one at the base of the spine in the back. there are 2 pieces of what might be archival tape inside the front cover next to where the lower right tear is. Some rippling at the back edge. White pages, Baker cover. $ 46.00

3 D Sheena , It's a nice copy, at least a VG/F, with non color breaking creases, but the original glasses are not there. I'm including a pair of Harvey glasses and I'm pricing it under the good price $65.00

Smash Comics #58, Quality a , nice copy, I purchased it here as Fine-, but I think it’s a little better than that…there is a small chip off the lower spine in the back, or a bite…$55.00

Page 5:

Star Spangled #59, Centerfold is detached and there is a two inch cover tear, right edge Pages are very nice. Grade is good+ (2.5) , Guide is $62, bin is $40