• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catastrophe

134 posts in this topic

I would wait until I received the refund before leaving the negative feedback.

If he gets a refund, and the seller petitions to undo the sale and get back his final value fee, I believe the ability to leave feedback is eliminated. That happened to me once.

Ouch! Not a very buyer friendly policy.

If he gets a refund, and the seller petitions to undo the sale and get back his final value fee, I believe the ability to leave feedback is eliminated. That happened to me once.

I recently had a non-paying buyer on one of my auctions. Even though I got a FVF refund, and the buyer got a non-payment strike, I understand he could still leave feedback (as it happened, he didn't).

Heres what I am going to leave:

Shipped CGC Comic in Plastic Envelope Destroyed in Mail I Paid Return Shipping

Case open

Tracking # provided to Ebay

I would wait until the matter has been resolved to your satisfaction before leaving feedback.

Case open

Bear in mind that the seller has the opportunity to respond to your feedback by posting a reply. Typically when sellers do this they make comments to the affect that the buyer is unreasonably, demanding, hard-to-please, ungrateful, etc.

If/when he responds to your feedback you'll have to the opportunity to reply to his response. Again, keep it professional and factual, use the opportunity to clarify your experience with him.

Case open

I would wait until the matter has been resolved to your satisfaction before leaving feedback.

Plan to.

However what if the case is closed and i leave neg feedback and in spite, he opens a case saying that there was something wrong with the comic I returned.

Case open

Personally, I would not leave negative feedback. If you feel the need to warn others just leave neutral after he refunds you the money. He did response to you in a timely manner and is taking the return back.

I understand your frustration because I too have returned two ebay purchases in the last month. One I paid for the return ship and the other I escalated the case to ebay for return shipping. I have been on ebay for 12 years and never had so much problems as I have last year. This year marks my first negative feedback to a seller.

Case open

Personally, I would not leave negative feedback. If you feel the need to warn others just leave neutral after he refunds you the money. He did response to you in a timely manner and is taking the return back.

I understand your frustration because I too have returned two ebay purchases in the last month. One I paid for the return ship and the other I escalated the case to ebay for return shipping. I have been on ebay for 12 years and never had so much problems as I have last year. This year marks my first negative feedback to a seller.

Excellent advice. Plus he may not be vindictive in any manner if I leave neutral feedback.

Case open

Excellent advice. Plus he may not be vindictive in any manner if I leave neutral feedback.

It's Ebay, prepare to be surprised. Chief. :devil:

What do I do about my mom's reputation? She is only moderately fond of nuts. Macadamia and almonds for the most part. What if she starts getting solicited by nut companies due to the fraudulent representation that she "loves" nuts?

Case open

If the facts are as represented here -- packaging that no one could reasonably expect was sufficient to protect the slab, then sticking the buyer with return postage -- I would say that negative feedback is more than warranted. One of the drawbacks to buying on eBay is that people fail to leave negative feedback when it is deserved.

If the seller had replied something along the lines of: "I screwed up. From now on I'm mailing slabs in bomb-proof packaging. Return postage is on me." then I could say letting him off the hook. But the seller's reaction as reported here is very far from a mea culpa.

What do I do about my mom's reputation? She is only moderately fond of nuts. Macadamia and almonds for the most part. What if she starts getting solicited by nut companies due to the fraudulent representation that she "loves" nuts?

I thought your mom had passed away.

Heres his response:

Hey chief...not sure if you are aware of eBay terms of service...I told you I would refund your order as soon as I have received the return..eBay will even tell you that. Without a tracking number I cannot issue a refund. For all I know I issue you a refund and you keep the book.. Contact ebay if you must.they will tell you the same. Happy Saturday Cheif.

Waht should I do?

If your name isn't Chief, I'd say he's being a little cocky. If it is Chief, you have a case to be upset at your parents.

Don't leave negative feedback or even neutral feedback, if you get your refund.

Andy 2c

So, he's out return postage and a lot of hassle and he shouldn't give other buyers a head's up about this seller? I don't see it. Compounding the seller's sins is that he appears to have a bad attitude. Caveat: I'm taking the facts as the buyer has presented them.

I bought a CGC graded comic on EBay and just got it in the mail. It was shipped in a brown cardboard envelope and was demolished by the post office. A corner is cracked off and it the two bottom corners are open. I contacted the EBay seller. How should I go about dealing with this?

Case open

I don't understand the seller's method of packaging. Was it a "brown cardboard envelope" or a "Plastic Envelope"? Got pics?

Don't leave negative feedback or even neutral feedback, if you get your refund.

Andy 2c

So, he's out return postage and a lot of hassle and he shouldn't give other buyers a head's up about this seller? I don't see it. Compounding the seller's sins is that he appears to have a bad attitude. Caveat: I'm taking the facts as the buyer has presented them.

I would pay return shipping, but I don't think this guy would. I don't think it's mandatory, either.

I would probably word my "positive" feedback this way:

seller packed comic terribly, refunded $ but not return shipping Thanks, Chief!