• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone expecting a bonus this year???

44 posts in this topic

It would be interesting to see what he DOESN'T show from his basement:

The area with the toy/statue boxes and his comics. Not a single comic or longbox in those Craigslist shots.

It's funny - I've met a variety of collectors who have massive collections of loose figures (along with my ex-wife's father), and they are convinced they are quite valuable. The only problem is the aspect of "collecting". No one with $125k at their disposal is going to buy a collection of 16,000 loose figures. People buy these things one or two at a whack and "collect" them over time. Buying them all at once goes against the entire philosophy of "collecting". And for what this guy is asking, it'd take you 1,000 years to ever come close to breaking even on a $125k investment of loose figures and 20,000 comic books of presumable drek (after all, he blew his money on action figures, not Hulk 181s.)

I feel a little bad that this guy thinks there's actually a chance that a doe-eyed collector is going to bring him a briefcase full of money for his collection.

The area with the toy/statue boxes and his comics. Not a single comic or longbox in those Craigslist shots.

I think there are a few comics on the wall around the window thingie in the 1st shot.

133448.jpg.bf8660de57d0fb847689fec5c6a25eea.jpg

I think there are a few comics on the wall around the window thingie in the 1st shot.

Carded toy figures :preach:

By jingo you're right. I was trying to figure out what comic had that kind of MARVEL logo but figured they may have been some modern stuff I had never heard of.

By jingo you're right. I was trying to figure out what comic had that kind of MARVEL logo but figured they may have been some modern stuff I had never heard of.

should have kept everything carded..

Thats one hell of a man-cave.

My money is on the "Lose the kiddy stuff or you won't lose your virginity with me" type scenario.

After all, it does appear to be a basement........ :devil: