• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: BATMAN #227 - GRADE IS IN!

31 posts in this topic

Well just playing around with my new crappy scanner...Hopefully this turns out ok...Brightness and Contrast set to even/middle, 600 DPI...

Either way, BATMAN #227, classic Neal Adams cover.

FRONT

BATMANClassicScan001_zpsb107d2f7.jpg

BACK

BATMANClassic227Back001_zpsaed70329.jpg

If it does not turn out ok, please give me some pointers :) Images on photobucket.

Thanks friends!

Why 600 dpi? You've compressed the hell out of it which counters the dpi setting. You'd be better at 250dpi and no compression. :grin:

B/c I don't know what I'm doing. The scanner was given to me and I did not bother to read anything (no book) so I just thought more was better? doh!

Try scanning at 250 or 300 dpi with the scanner's default control settings. Then using any graphics software resize the images to 4" without any compression (it may be an image quality bar - just choose best quality). Do not let photobucket or imageshack or whatever host site you choose to resize your images as they compress the heck out of them. Always check "do not resize image" when uploading.

That book is a disgrace on so many levels it makes me want to :sick:

Btw, 5.5, possible 6.0 :sumo:

No way does the book get a 7.0 with that amount of spine creasing . . . :eek:

I think 5.5 may be a tad harsh, here is a 7.0 I found on eBay just now...Not sure how the pic will turn out...

Yeah I think some of you guys are being too hard on this book. I was thinking 7.0 - 7.5 to be perfectly honest.

Actually just now, I was talking about the "ss" example :grin: although I think neither book makes the grade OP's is nicer,

My personal view is 6.5 with a "gift" being a 7.0

I'm debating whether or not to submit as I still think the central image presents very well...

Or you could sell it to me and let me enjoy it as it is. :gossip: