• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets see those BIG 10 centers and still 10 Centers

280 posts in this topic

I always love Bat-Hound covers.

Bat-Hound is a very underrated hero. He's right up there with Batwoman and Bat-Girl in my book. He doesn't get nearly the recognition he deserves from modern collectors. I'm still pecking away at completing my run of comics featuring Bat-Hound.

:cool:

I always love Bat-Hound covers.

Bat-Hound is a very underrated hero. He's right up there with Batwoman and Bat-Girl in my book. He doesn't get nearly the recognition he deserves from modern collectors. I'm still pecking away at completing my run of comics featuring Bat-Hound.

:cool:

In the just completed C-link auction a slabbed 9.4 with White Pages Batman 92, the first appearance of Bat-Hound, sold for over $10,000. So I guess other collectors appreciate the character as well.

Here's my latest Still 10-center, from the December Mycomicshop.com auction, Superman #144, which extends my Superman run back to #138, July 1960:

Supes144_zpsde1742d7.jpg

Here's my latest Still 10-center, from the December Mycomicshop.com auction, Superman #144, which extends my Superman run back to #138, July 1960:

Supes144_zpsde1742d7.jpg

That's my favortite SA Superman cover. Congrats! A real keeper! (worship)

That's an issue that's way high on my want list. I love covers that feature Krypto with an adult Superman and on this one Supergirl is thrown in as an added bonus!

(thumbs u

Supes144_zpsde1742d7.jpg

That's my favortite SA Superman cover. Congrats! A real keeper! (worship)

That's an issue that's way high on my want list. I love covers that feature Krypto with an adult Superman and on this one Supergirl is thrown in as an added bonus!

(thumbs u

And let's not forget the purple cover. Still another reason that makes this issue a real classic!

Supes doesn't show much sympathy for the billions who just perished. It would be like finding out all your neighbors just died in an apartment fire and complaining that you don't have a place to live.

asw118_zpse42ca056.jpg

asw119.jpg

Had Madame 44 lived up to her billing, it might have saved the title from cancellation....

;)

Cool books though! I think All-Star Western comics from1961 might even tougher to find than Fox and the Crow comics from the same year.

(shrug)

asw118_zpse42ca056.jpg

asw119.jpg

Had Madame 44 lived up to her billing, it might have saved the title from cancellation....

;)

Cool books though! I think All-Star Western comics from1961 might even tougher to find than Fox and the Crow comics from the same year.

(shrug)

Incredibly common. . .I have multiple friends who have boxes of them. Why, they're as common as the Death of Superman! Don't waste your time. . .

Just got this one in today - when I think of Green Lantern, it's this look I think of:

GreenLantern008_zps6b9eb17b.jpg

Nice pick-ups Tim. There's nothing quite like getting the early books from a series. :cloud9: Those early Green Lanterns really are locked solidly in that category. For the GL IMHO, DC was able to sustain some excellent artwork and stories well into the run.

Just got this one in today - when I think of Green Lantern, it's this look I think of:

GreenLantern008_zps6b9eb17b.jpg

Nice pick-ups Tim. There's nothing quite like getting the early books from a series. :cloud9: Those early Green Lanterns really are locked solidly in that category. For the GL IMHO, DC was able to sustain some excellent artwork and stories well into the run.

Nice pickup Tim! Great book. One of my favorite Green Lantern books as well. Though some collectors don't feel that the grey-tone process was a good fit for the superheroes, I enjoyed them but maybe because they're so few in number. And I agree with Dale; Green Lantern contained some of the best artwork and storylines. Can't go wrong with Gil Kane and Gardner Fox. Congrats! :applause:

;)

(shrug)

Incredibly common. . .I have multiple friends who have boxes of them. Why, they're as common as the Death of Superman! Don't waste your time. . .

Well I for one still have those Johnny Thunder All-Star Westerns high on my Want List!

;)