• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F+W ANNOUNCES CLOSURE OF COMICS BUYER’S GUIDE

36 posts in this topic

It was dirt cheap but I finally let my sub lapse about a year ago. I didn't fully intend to stop subscribing but I also didn't notice for months when the issues stopped coming, so that says something about the publication right there.

I always considered the price guide wasted space and the market reports in there seemed fairly pointless too.

I didn't know it was still in print. I probably would have been buying it.

Me either. I thought it folded years ago.

I could have sworn there was a thread 4 or 5 years ago that it was ending.

Me either. I thought it folded years ago.

I could have sworn there was a thread 4 or 5 years ago that it was ending.

Thats about the time it went from a weekly newspaper to a monthly slick magazine.

Too bad. I purchased lots of books out of the old TBG in the late 70's. Sold much of my collection following my divorce in 1981 there. And got started as a mail order dealer in their pages. I subscribed regularly until it went to magazine size. Then I was hit and miss. Subscribe for a year, then let it lapse. Then get a "please come back" and resubscribe.

A lot of fond memories.

Great, Dice brought about the downfall. That single issue you didn't buy was the tipping point. :ohnoez:

It really isn't a surprise to see this happen. As others have noted, the magazine really wasn't very modernized. I was subscribing to it when it went from slick page to newsprint and mostly black and white. That was the first sign readership was down.

We had an even worse example in the UK, a news magazine called Comics International, which shifted to quarterly publication while in competition with online news sites. Very astute. (thumbs u Finished in no time, one or two issues.

It used to be great. It started declining before it went monthly. Once it went monthly, it was awful. I didn't renew my subscription at that point.

It was pretty entertaining when they did the whole Comic Keys / eBay article. Good threads came out of that.

I have been a continuous subscriber since 1984. Even though it has not been the magazine it used to be for a long time, I will miss it.

Me too. I also discovered it in 1984 and had been getting it ever since.

I feel that a part of our hobby now has disappeared.