• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Asking for humbleness is overboard?

Just think it's just as preachy as it is well intended. I don't expect a guy who buys 100's of Bedlam's to think that rationally.

Point taking. I shall strive to be less logical my friend (no sarcasm intended - don't want to get into a debate with my Boardie friends lol )

Not to mention a 20 dollar investment in 10 books sounds a lot safer! Wow. Interesting couple pages here. I hope to many people do not follow this "new" model being presented here because then there would be non market and we would be back in the 90's with people buying 1k copies of a 1mil print run. ???

PS I think a lot on these boards except for a select few like Beach Bum do this as a hobby not to make a living.

What is really cool we don't see him running around saying I order this many of this and make this much. Blah. Like Ryan said your methods of going about this community thing are flawed.

Edited by Colicab

Asking for humbleness is overboard?

Just think it's just as preachy as it is well intended. I don't expect a guy who buys 100's of Bedlam's to think that rationally.

Point taking. I shall strive to be less logical my friend (no sarcasm intended - don't want to get into a debate with my Boardie friends lol )

Sorry to derail the entire conversation. I'm actually excited for the comic. I just hear all this talk about he 90's and instances like these and It's just sort of odd, I guess. I'm eager for a preview. There's absolutely no context anyone has on the book at all. Nada. Just summaries. I'll get even more psyched when I can read the story

Nothing for nothing I am an expert AND I am not selling anyone ANYTHING...Amway comment...but perhaps I should be selling principles. Most on these boards are trying to make money and I am offering people alternatives or perhaps offering a view from within. Aren't most of these threads asking thoughts on this book or that ? People looking for reinforcement as to why they should or shouldn't be involved in a book. Like I stated before it's like speaking Chinese . Most want to make money and when offered some ideas on how one can go about putting a few extra coins in their pockets it is met with resistance. BTW Lee Iacoccoa showed up on the first day as the CEO more than once. Good luck to all in their future endeavors. I will go back to lurking as before. The info I seek is certainly plentiful enough with or without my posts .PEACE

P.S. I wore hand me downs most of my childhood and drove a beater car. I may be that guy now but not because I was born with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth .

If you are that guy now, remember what it was like then. It is not a personal attack. In the real world people don't walk around boasting about their bank-rolls. My commentary is on your approach. I think "Lee" would agree.

I happen to agree with Ryan. Viper, you offered me a "second chance offer" on a bedlam lot last week, and I passed mostly due to having read this nonsense on the forums here and over on the blowout forums.

Everyone gets the idea you do great. I'm genuinely happy for you. But seriously, enough is enough.

I won't. I'm not in the flipping to get rich. Nice to make enough to cover what I buy. Just not super greedy. Plus I would rather spread it around. Would rather buy 5 to 10 issues of a lot of different promising stuff then go All In on a few things. Its like the stock market, better to diversify then be top heavy with a couple of stocks.

That said, to each their own. If someone wants to drop $1000 on one title more power to them. Just hope they don't sell the farm to do it.

If Viperdays is right on east of west will everyone buy x1000 of next ongoing?

That's why his reasoning is flawed. It's that easy is it? Buy 100, 500 or 1000 copies of the latest number 1 Image title with an established creator/writer and sit back and count my money.

Might as well quit my job now... I didn't realize "investing" was that easy.