• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I've purchased a bunch from midtown and TFAW, I have no major complaints but my orders from TFAW have never had problems getting 9.8s.

From what I understand, DF 9.8.'s don't go fast track so consider 6-7 months turn around time. The good news is that by then you should know if the book is hot (thumbs u

Let me stress how much Midtown has screwed the pooch on my last few orders. Not only have I stopped ordering from them, I'm going out of my way to stress how s#*tty their customer service is. They kept pushing the blame off. I received an issue of Revival that was MAYBE in VG condition. It looked like someone held it on both sides and stressed the spine back and forth against a doorframe. It was HORRIBLE. When I wrote them they blames everyone including me - like I was trying to get away with something. It took 5 emails to get reimbursed.

MIDTOWN SUCKS - DON'T ORDER FROM THEM.

Nice thank you guys for the heads up! I am grateful for the tips and assurance! I also wanted to say thank you to THB for the awesome packaging he did on my Black Beetle set he sold me! Great deal too as Im seeing one of the issues alone going for almost what he gave me all of them for. Thank you bud!

Edited by Cobra83

You should look for his kudos thread and leave feedback there if available - also create a thread to get feedback for yourself here

Definitely make sure you order eow before march 27th though - hot image titles have been selling out early this year

Thanks for the heads up bud...will do! I also am going to order within the next hour for sure! My birthday is the 28th of March so it will be a nice little present to myself. =)

When you say for me to create a thread as well...do I just create one and say I did a deal with him on eBay? Sorry as I am "learning the ropes" around here. Thank you for the advice too. I will find his thread now.

NM ^ I create one for future transactions. Thank you.

Edited by Cobra83

I'm not slamming DF - they have a good service, just long waits - but you'd be better off buying a few books from Midtown or TFAW (or both). You'll hit a 9.8. If you don't I'll really be surprised.

Yeah, that 6.0 was garbage (bedlam 1 with creasing, bad cover scratching, etc. looked like someone 'keyed' it). I gave it away as a reader.

Good luck my friend (thumbs u

I don't think that 6.0 was midtowns fault. I got an order from TFAW with got a copy just like that. I think this was a Diamond/Print level error. There were a couple on eBay too right when they were released.

I'm not slamming DF - they have a good service, just long waits - but you'd be better off buying a few books from Midtown or TFAW (or both). You'll hit a 9.8. If you don't I'll really be surprised.

Yeah, that 6.0 was garbage (bedlam 1 with creasing, bad cover scratching, etc. looked like someone 'keyed' it). I gave it away as a reader.

Good luck my friend (thumbs u

I don't think that 6.0 was midtowns fault. I got an order from TFAW with got a copy just like that. I think this was a Diamond/Print level error. There were a couple on eBay too right when they were released.

I call total BS on this. Someone packed the box. If I order something new, I want it to be close to NM! If I order meat, I don't want to see maggots. Same deal here. There needs to be QC somewhere. If they are packing orders to their clients, they should looook before they pack.

Does Midtown allow 10 or is the limit 8 as someone else mentioned in another thread?

Also how about TFAW anyone?

Thank you in advance.

I don't think anyone limits preorders, Midtown's new 8 issue limit is for in-stock books. TFAW to my knowledge does not put limits on in-stock books.