• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I'm really pulling for Pretty Deadly. Looks great, but not much beyond what was said at SDCC.

(worship) YES!!!

I am excited to read the new comics in the following order:

1. Sex Criminals

2. East of West

3. The Wake

4. Sandman

5. Pretty Deadly

6. Trillium

7. Lazarus

8. Fabulous Killjoys

Not interested in Jupiter's Legacy or The Bounce.

The actual concept of Jupiter's legacy sounds like a better TV/novel show than anything, but i preordered ages ago and can't wait.

54k print run!

Holy cow, is this for real?

The only person who has said that is Mashed Potatoes. I'm not sure if anybody can back that up (shrug)

I listened to the same interview and Hickman definitely said the print run is 3x anything he's ever done with Image. Not a surprise given the cover of previews and those who are speculating heavily on the title.

But does that mean 54k? He could have just said 3x without meaning actual numbers.

Either way that sounds like at least 45k.

If it is 54K or 45K, either way it is a lot. Who knows if Hickman was being literal. I think he was because he quantified it with the 3x comments. He did not say "a lot more" or "double" or "multiple times over". Hickman's exact quote was "we sold more of that...orders for that were over three times more than anything I did with Image" and "store owners are obviously excited to sell it because they ordered a s*$t load of them".

54k print run!

The only person who has said that is Mashed Potatoes. I'm not sure if anybody can back that up (shrug)

I listened to the same interview and Hickman definitely said the print run is 3x anything he's ever done with Image. Not a surprise given the cover of previews and those who are speculating heavily on the title.

But does that mean 54k? He could have just said 3x without meaning actual numbers.

If it is 54K or 45K, either way it is a lot. Who knows if Hickman was being literal. I think he was because he quantified it with the 3x comments. He did not say "a lot more" or "double" or "multiple times over". Hickman's exact quote was "we sold more of that...orders for that were over three times more than anything I did with Image" and "store owners are obviously excited to sell it because they ordered a s*$t load of them".

But saying the 3x is referring to the number of the Saga print run wouldn't be right. Saga was actually Hickman's, so if he said "more than anything I did with Image," couldn't that mean the comics he actually did? What I mean is that Saga is credited to Vaughan and Staples, while EofW is credited to Hickman. If that's so, then him saying 3x doesn't mean 3x the number of the Saga print run.

54k print run!

But saying the 3x is referring to the number of the Saga print run wouldn't be right. Saga was actually Hickman's, so if he said "more than anything I did with Image," couldn't that mean the comics he actually did? What I mean is that Saga is credited to Vaughan and Staples, while EofW is credited to Hickman. If that's so, then him saying 3x doesn't mean 3x the number of the Saga print run.

Saga's print run was 37K, but has nothing to do with this conversation. Hickman's latest work with Image was Manhattan Projects, which was close to 18K for issue #1 in March of last year (if memory serves me right). 18K times 3 = 54K.

54k print run!

Saga's print run was 37K, but has nothing to do with this conversation. Hickman's latest work with Image was Manhattan Projects, which was close to 18K for issue #1 in March of last year (if memory serves me right). 18K times 3 = 54K.

I see...I was referring to when you had mentioned Saga in your earlier post, but I had gotten it mixed up with what you were talking about with investing in Saga.

I really think the demand is out there to support a larger print run. And based on Hickman's runs on Avengers, FF and Manhattan Projects, he has shown the ability to deliver jaw dropping stories. So I think readership will grow stronger with each issue. It is just not going to have the ROI of a PP in the secondary market.

I'm really pulling for Pretty Deadly. Looks great, but not much beyond what was said at SDCC.

(worship) YES!!!

I am excited to read the new comics in the following order:

1. Sex Criminals

2. East of West

3. The Wake

4. Sandman

5. Pretty Deadly

6. Trillium

7. Lazarus

8. Fabulous Killjoys

Not interested in Jupiter's Legacy or The Bounce.

Thanks for sharing, I didnt know about some of these. (thumbs u

Not a remake, a new story about how he was captured at the beginning of the original series.

"When I finished writing The Sandman, there was one tale still untold: the story of what had happened to Morpheus to allow him to be so easily captured in The Sandman #1, and why he was returned from far away, exhausted beyond imagining, and dressed for war," Gaiman said in a DC press release. "It was a story that we discussed telling for Sandman's 20th anniversary, but the time got away from us. And now, with Sandman's 25th anniversary year coming up, I'm delighted, and nervous, that that story is finally going to be told." - NG from newsarama article

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/sdcc-2012-neil-gaiman-returns-to-sandman.html

Edited by BizarroChuck

Not a remake, a new story about how he was captured at the beginning of the original series.

"When I finished writing The Sandman, there was one tale still untold: the story of what had happened to Morpheus to allow him to be so easily captured in The Sandman #1, and why he was returned from far away, exhausted beyond imagining, and dressed for war," Gaiman said in a DC press release. "It was a story that we discussed telling for Sandman's 20th anniversary, but the time got away from us. And now, with Sandman's 25th anniversary year coming up, I'm delighted, and nervous, that that story is finally going to be told." - NG from newsarama article?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/sdcc-2012-neil-gaiman-returns-to-sandman.html

Sorry to derail EOW's but figured I'd link this too as I enjoyed this announcement from the man himself!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13/comic-con-neil-gaiman-announces-new-sandman-series