• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Is it just me who refuses to buy from anyone who puts random other comic titles in their listings? WTF does Not peter fanzerfaust Saga have to do with this? :makepoint:

I would imagine that they do this to maximize search results so more people look at it. Those people who are typing SAGA and Panzerfaust will pull it up also. I have seen people write "not CGC 9.4 or CGC 9.6" too so I would assume this is why they are doing that.

I know why people do it. I just find it annoying.

its against eBays rules, as it is phishing

report him.

eBay never does anything about the 'search manipulation' reports. Not worth the time. I just never buy things from these people.

Oh I hear you and agree its annoying. I was just commenting since you asked WTF does 2 other different comics have to do with the one that is listed. I thought you sincerely didnt see why they were doing it. Also, they never do anything about it as I have seen this done with many other things than comics. For example people selling a SNES console writing: SNES with 22 cartridges, not Sega Saturn PSX PS3 Wii WiiU Genesis 32X PSX NES L@@K NOW!!! lol

Then they pay the 50 cents to buy a subtitle and write 14 other systems.

Edited by Cobra83

Oh I hear you and agree its annoying. I was just commenting since you asked WTF does 2 other different comics have to do with the one that is listed. I thought you sincerely didnt see why they were doing it. Also, they never do anything about it as I have seen this done with many other things than comics. For example people selling a SNES console writing: SNES with 22 cartridges, not Sega Saturn PSX PS3 Wii WiiU Genesis 32X PSX NES L@@K NOW!!! lol

Then they pay the 50 cents to buy a subtitle and write 14 other systems.

Terrible.

It's not like a person who is searching for Saga is going to go "well, this comic is not Saga, so I should buy it".

Huge pet peeve of mine. Almost as bad as reserve price auctions. :cry:

He also steals all my pictures. He buys stuff from me all the time. The Sixth Gun signed prints he has listed he bought off me and those are pictures from me.

I don't really have a good reason to hate them. Just something that bothers me for reasons unknown. If I have something that I won't take less than $100 for, I'll start the auction for $100.

in my experience that isn't beneficial to the seller because it just encourages the buyers to wait on bidding until the very end and then make a final bid that is only slightly higher than the starting price. You start it low and people have an incentive to get into a war over it because they feel they are still getting it at a decent price and then they get lost in it and have to have it.

I find that if you start a bid low, it gets people psychologically in a sense that they feel they need to put the bid in and not be outdone, hence a bidding war. I agree if you start it off higher people will wait around.

Start something at 100 and watch how many people add it to the watch list and how many actually end up bidding on it when its all said and done. Start it at 99 cents and watch how many people step in out of nowhere and increase the price. I think it makes people more passionate by starting it off low because they get that hooked sensation of "just putting one more in" etc.

In either scenario its a double edged sword. You start it low, you may not get what you want or it may exceed what you want. You start it high and you may get that one or two people to throw a bid in.

I find that you start it low and it gets everyone throwing their bid in the pot, and some of those people will feel obligated to not be outdone and have the feeling that they "need" to have it...

Edited by Cobra83

I agree with both of those points but if I see a .99 cent auction with a reserve, I immediately pass. I know a couple others who feel the same way. Like I said, couldn't really tell you why but just one of my inexplicable quirks.

I don't really have a good reason to hate them. Just something that bothers me for reasons unknown. If I have something that I won't take less than $100 for, I'll start the auction for $100.

in my experience that isn't beneficial to the seller because it just encourages the buyers to wait on bidding until the very end and then make a final bid that is only slightly higher than the starting price. You start it low and people have an incentive to get into a war over it because they feel they are still getting it at a decent price and then they get lost in it and have to have it.

Man that used to happen to me a lot!!!

As far as reserves, I do HATE the ones where the reserve is literally more than someone would be willing to spend on it to begin with. Basically it is so high that the seller is just being totally unrealistic.

I also hate when people put a reserve in the auction and then in the item description they state how much the reserve is. lol I just find that to be funny and a total turnoff.

I agree with both of those points but if I see a .99 cent auction with a reserve, I immediately pass. I know a couple others who feel the same way. Like I said, couldn't really tell you why but just one of my inexplicable quirks.

Agree HR, can't stand them.

Start at the price you are willing to sell at.

Simples.

i agree with this

i was not overly impressed with the art in the four page preview. i am thinking of dropping my pickup from 3, to two. will decide at the shop.

For me personally, the art will be on the sidelines. I'm in this for Hickman and his writing. So hopefully the story = good. :wishluck:

i agree with this

So do I, and, like HR, I can't explain it either. It's a bit of an ingrained prejudice. (shrug)

Cant wait to see people complain about not understanding what is going on in the first issue. Seems to happen a lot with #1s from hickman but Ive always been a fan of his comics. No spoon feeding and it feels like im actually reading!

Nick Dragotta is a good story teller