• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Well i'll definitely be adding East of West to my pull list, good first issue!

I was not impressed by the art in the preview showing the first few pages, but art looks excellent, especially the scenes featuring the main character. Those segments were by far the best also.

I understand when people feel they cant follow the plot in Hickman first issues, but it's pretty clear it will all come together completely in future issues, looking forward to issue 2!

o and it seems everyone and their dog is trying to sell multiple issues on ebay lol

Edited by Niro

Cool stuff! Really love that the sound effects are drawn with the art and not pasted on top digitally after (I think that makes sense). The lettering in this in general is really well done.

Loved the paperstock on it. Lots of great white space on the front and back for sketches hm

Edited by Tuff Ghost

I picked one up at the LCS today, the owner tried to get me to buy two. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I have a mess load ordered through TFAW and that is just my reader. :insane:

wonder how many he has in the back room.

I read on Bleeding Cool that the Phantom variant is going to be 60 connecting issues. The first one is going to be the main character on his bike and the next 59 are just going to be the dust path he left behind when riding.

Dude, that's funny :ohnoez:

I'm sure he has a lot. If not 500, at least 200. He's big on speculation, I think he sell more on Ebay than in the store.

Don't forget, most mail order buyers won't get their books for a couple of days so the pool should be much larger by the weekend.