• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Yes - not just speculatively, but for the story as well!!!

:lol:

-slym

I'm in both ways. I'm a little confused by ebay sales to this point. You can buy number 1 for cover from Midtown, DF, and others yet it was sold out within 30 minutes at the 3 shops here in town. They consistantly average between 6 and 7 dollars on ebay.

My only concern is that enough people aren't getting to read it. Nobody that works at any of the shops I frequent got to read the first issue so word of mouth seems to be low. That being said, all numbers of the Sixth Gun had a little over 1400 completed sales on ebay for the last 3 months. East of West has over 720 sales and its only been out three and a half weeks. Word is getting out somewhere, somehow .

Any thoughts on this ?

I never buy more than 2-3 copies of a single issue but I bought half of my LCS stock. The next week I went in to pick up new books and I heard three people looking for EOW. I felt bad that I took copies that potential new readers could be getting into the series. Now I see how speculators could ruin a title. I understand there are other printings or a TPB but if word of mouth doesn't spread you could potentially kill the series. I see the other side as well. If its sold out and you can't get copies it must be good etc. It's a strange issue one where I can see the boardies siding with buy them all instead of a few copies so others can enjoy.

Yes - not just speculatively, but for the story as well!!!

:lol:

-slym

I'm in both ways. I'm a little confused by ebay sales to this point. You can buy number 1 for cover from Midtown, DF, and others yet it was sold out within 30 minutes at the 3 shops here in town. They consistantly average between 6 and 7 dollars on ebay.

My only concern is that enough people aren't getting to read it. Nobody that works at any of the shops I frequent got to read the first issue so word of mouth seems to be low. That being said, all numbers of the Sixth Gun had a little over 1400 completed sales on ebay for the last 3 months. East of West has over 720 sales and its only been out three and a half weeks. Word is getting out somewhere, somehow .

Any thoughts on this ?

It's simple really. Unusually, retailers were contacted by Diamond prior to 1 coming out and were advised to expect huge demand and order big. those that heeded that advice got plenty and therefore still have some, those that did'nt heed the advice ordered a few and quickly sold out.