• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Do you intend to post what you paid for a book every time you talk about a purchase on the boards?

If someone asks me then yes. Problem? hm

What's your name and where do you live? How much do you make in a year? Is it a secret? :gossip:

What people decide to share publicly varies from person to person. Not a problem and not hard to understand/comprehend, either.

lol

You guys having a bad day or what? I asked how much someone managed to get a book for then jokingly asked if it was a secret. Then out come the attitudes. You guys.

Do you intend to post what you paid for a book every time you talk about a purchase on the boards?

What's your name and where do you live? How much do you make in a year? Is it a secret? :gossip:

What people decide to share publicly varies from person to person. Not a problem and not hard to understand/comprehend, either.

lol

You guys having a bad day or what? I asked how much someone managed to get a book for then jokingly asked if it was a secret. Then out come the attitudes. You guys.

Having a very typical day, thanks. Not so much an attitude as questioning why you were pressing the issue. You asked, and he did not answer, so you asked again. If a person wants to disclose what they paid they'll do so after you ask them once. If they don't answer it isn't polite or productive to keep pressing the issue. Like Nexus said, they'll answer if they are comfortable doing so, but if they don't it isn't worthwhile to keep asking them. If you meant it as a joke, humor and sarcasm often come through poorly on the internet when asking questions some might consider personal. 2c

lol

Having a very typical day, thanks. Not so much an attitude as questioning why you were pressing the issue. You asked, and he did not answer, so you asked again. If a person wants to disclose what they paid they'll do so after you ask them once. If they don't answer it isn't polite or productive to keep pressing the issue. Like Nexus said, they'll answer if they are comfortable doing so, but if they don't it isn't worthwhile to keep asking them. If you meant it as a joke, humor and sarcasm often come through poorly on the internet when asking questions some might consider personal. 2c

I've no idea why this is even an issue.

As for saying something jokingly online, that's what emoticons can help with.

:eyeroll:

I've managed to pick up two copies of the RRP, I got one and waiting on the other. I hope the second copy is as good as or better than my first copy which I think is in the 9.6 / 9.8 range. If my copies of ToT #1 are 9.8 with that ink rub on the E, then I don't see why these RRP's shouldn't be the same.

I hope that's the case... :wishluck:

Any issue of WD can also serve as a jumping in point for that reason. Neither EoW nor Saga have that easy relatability or lend themselves to simple explanations. If I tried to explain either to my non comic reading friends, or gave them random non #1 issues to read, they'd likely be like "WTF is this?" To me that is the biggest difference between just about any book and WD in terms of investing and potential for more than a quick flip.

That is a good point as well.

I'd also add, East of West and Saga could NOT be turned in to a cost effective show. That also makes for less popularity.

Heck, I don't think either could be turned in to a feature length movie either.

I completely agree. You need to know the story and background to care about those books, and that doesn't translate into mainstream success. Good comics, sure, but not blockbuster long term investments.

Valid points. However, look at A franchise like game of thrones. Great storytelling and has a dedicated fan base prior to the show. It is having success despite the complex storyline and different characters. I think saga can have success if it was on a hbo caliber network.

You can't deny game of thrones doesn't have any wtf moments either and it has more shocking moments than Saga. Just my two cents.

Finally read #3 tonight.

Enjoyed it more than the other 2. I guess I understand more of what's going on by this issue (same thing happend with Saga, I guess I'm just more familiar with the characters.)

The art is awesome also.

Finished reading #3 and won't be buying #4, the series just isn't very good. It's no MP

Sorry you don't like it.

I'm not sure comparing it to MP is fair at this point.

I think that the books are different beasts. I like MP better because it's funnier. EoW is still a lot of fun. I can see there being lots of people who really like one, but dislike the other. They tone in each book is so different.

Yeah but Manhattan Projects is the main reason people who don't like issue 3 will pick up 4. I'm going to go up to issue 6, so I can make a more informed decision on if I should stop reading or assume Hickman is God and it will get better.

Although the new Avatar Title from Hickman kind of suggests the latter point.