• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

#1 was alright then at the end I was like "ok I get it" and re-read it so I had a better understanding of where #2 was going, but #3 it seems like was just all over the place and not up to par with what I expect from a Hickman story.

MP is very wordy and drawn out but I love the book, unlike Nowhere Men which I see as MP-lite

BTW, since I was never a science major, I'm more familiar with what's going on in MP thanks to Big Bang Theory :D

Finished reading #3 and won't be buying #4, the series just isn't very good. It's no MP

Sorry you don't like it.

I'm not sure comparing it to MP is fair at this point.

I think that the books are different beasts. I like MP better because it's funnier. EoW is still a lot of fun. I can see there being lots of people who really like one, but dislike the other. They tone in each book is so different.

None of Hickman's other books read like MP and that's because of Nick Pitarra. They work "Marvel-style" on the book, so there's a lot of Pitarra on the page. Hence, the wacked-out humor. I get the sense that Hickman tailors each book to the strengths of his collaborators. Dragotta is into world-building, so there's a totally different feel between EoW and MP. I have faith that Hickman is going to let Dragotta do his thing AND still be able to tell a story. Gotta give it a few more issues to play out, imo.

I can't find how many issues of number 3 were printed. Does anyone have a clue ?

On a different note, I really liked this issue and the run so far. With the setup at the end of number 3, I have a hunch number 4 could be epic...or not ;-) Here is to hoping.

I can't find how many issues of number 3 were printed. Does anyone have a clue ?

On a different note, I really liked this issue and the run so far. With the setup at the end of number 3, I have a hunch number 4 could be epic...or not ;-) Here is to hoping.

You get an idea from http://www.comichron.com/ you can look at the 'sales' numbers, as each of these sold out at the distributor level you'll know when the numbers get posted....

But thier #2 probably will give you some idea.....

That sounds bad. How are they scarred ? Indentions or color ?

It's not as bad as I made it sound. They have the same errors as most of the prints I've seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/East-of-West-3-June-2013-Image-Near-Mint-Cheap-Shipping-/281120276528?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4174130030

Not my listing but I'm just using the picture. You see the vertical line at the bottom of the page.

Number 2 came in at roughly 42,000 sales. In the May listings, East of West 3 is omitted from the list. There is no way it didn't make the top 300. I appreciate you pointing out comichron.com. I use it regularly.

I don't understand how the third print of number 1 came in at 296 and number 3 is not on the list. Can anyone help with this ?

comichron is not the source of the data, Diamond is. If EoW isnt in comichron's list, it either didnt count in May's sales data, and will be in the June Data, or it was missed. Generally, comichron doesnt leave gaps between 1-300, so i would presume its a June Data book, not May.