• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

not smart lol

Depends on who you ask.

It might benefit some people, by way of adding another variable to the high 'from the get-go' prices of the secondary market.

Edited by 2staples

Awe! I missed all the cheap blanks. Luckily I got one at the Image Expo but I was hoping to snag 1 or 2 more. If anyone sees them available for cover let me know please. (thumbs u

Your LCS might have some on Wednesday.

Best part of the interview

So, knock on wood, "East of West" is shaping up to be a hit series. How long do you see the series running?

I know Jonathan says he's got it for 50 issues. That would be five years, and I'm totally committed to that. I'd love that! That'd be so rad, to do a 50-issue run of something. We launched at such a [sales] number that I think we can sustain ourselves for 50 issues, even if it starts to decline in sales. I'm in it for the long haul.

You say 50 issues in five years. Does that mean there's no extended breaks or hiatuses planned?

We do 10 issues a year. Five issues on, then a trade which serves as our reset. Then five issues on, then a trade the following month and so on. Not taking that month off, just using it to prepare ourselves for the next five-issue arc.

Hickman handles the graphic design work on "East of West," allowing Dragotta to concentrate on his art and storytelling

It's comics, there's no vacations. That's the thing my wife is ready to kill me about

10 issues a year sure sounds like taking time off to me. TPB's dont count, as they contain nothing new.

Did you miss this bit? :

"Not taking that month off, just using it to prepare ourselves for the next five-issue arc."

10 issues a year sure sounds like taking time off to me. TPB's dont count, as they contain nothing new.

Did you miss this bit? :

"Not taking that month off, just using it to prepare ourselves for the next five-issue arc."

Prepare how? Prepare by not releasing a book? i could have sworn that creators prepared everyday of the week.

Listen, i like the book, im not planning on stopping, but lets call a spade a spade.

Did you miss this bit? :

Prepare how? Prepare by not releasing a book? i could have sworn that creators prepared everyday of the week.

Listen, i like the book, im not planning on stopping, but lets call a spade a spade.

lol Crack that whip.... You get NO breaks... write... draw... INK!!!!

Did you miss this bit? :

Says the non comic book writer or artist (thumbs u

Awesome interview! Interesting backstory on the #2 cover in there too. Not sure exactly how that mode of transport works though :/

(thumbs u Nice to have that finally explained. Try as I might I just could not figure out what that cover was supposed to mean.

Did you miss this bit? :

Says the non comic book writer or artist (thumbs u

This whole " taking a break for the next arc" thing just sounds silly, I think thats what TBP is trying to say. This is a new phenomenon in the industry, and trying to explain it away as working for the next story is... well , again silly. Why? 1 issue a month comics with no " breaks" have been a mainstay in the industry for decades.I dont have to be a comic book artist or writer to know that it's not only possible, it's expected and normal.

When Tony Moore couldnt keep up with the workload on walking dead, did they decide to release 10 issues a year instead? No , they got someone who could.

No gripes here, EoW is sweet. We are arguing the point. Call it what it is, a break . Dont try to insult our intellect. If they are really spending all this extra time and only producing 10 books a year, something is wrong.