• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

One badass dog :headbang:

I've read all 17 issues of this book so far and "The World" one shot was the I didn't care so,far and not because it was terrible, it just like the old Who's Who or Index comics. I never cared for those as a kid and I don't care for them today. They put some info in the book that I felt kind of jumped the gun. Now with that out of the way, let's talk about issue #16.

We are back in storytelling mode but the character and world building is done. We know the who, why, where, and when of the apocalypse but the how was never answered until now. Make that the beginning of how. It was nice to see a story with actions and consequences. There was a very intense scene in the book with an outcome that I refuse to spoil. We are back on track and I'm very excited to take a trip with Hickman, Dragotta, and Martin to the very literal end. This book is simply amazing. (worship)

We are back in storytelling mode but the character and world building is done. We know the who, why, where, and when of the apocalypse but the how was never answered until now. Make that the beginning of how. It was nice to see a story with actions and consequences. There was a very intense scene in the book with an outcome that I refuse to spoil. We are back on track and I'm very excited to take a trip with Hickman, Dragotta, and Martin to the very literal end. This book is simply amazing. (worship)

I agree completely and absolutely loved this issue. And the dog stole the show.

I've read all 17 issues of this book so far and "The World" one shot was the I didn't care so,far and not because it was terrible, it just like the old Who's Who or Index comics. I never cared for those as a kid and I don't care for them today. They put some info in the book that I felt kind of jumped the gun. Now with that out of the way, let's talk about issue #16.

I dug The World for what is was..I also didn't mind the bit of foreshadowing that they did, but to each their own. I think this issue may move into my top 5 for the series so far. I would have liked to see Death in there a little more, but we had a great scene with the Ranger that has definitely been one of the best sequences in the book.

It was a great issue.

What a pathetic week of comics last week.

Seems a little foolish when the majority of the American world is not working and more likely to have time to visit the shop.

Patrick

That's what I've always thought as well, but it is the same year after year.

Here's a set of EoW Blank covers I commissioned from Matthew Sutton. If anyone has some blank covers they're looking to get drawn on, I would definitely recommend him. He's an awesome dude who puts a lot of thought and effort into his work, and he definitely has some talent to go with it! I was going to wait to post them 'til I had them in hand, but they're on twitter already lol

B7ChWpeCEAIE3yG.jpg

B7ChZ_cCQAAWE-n.jpg

https://twitter.com/MattSuttonArt

https://www.facebook.com/MatthewShowcase?fref=ts

Edited by Stark Resilient