• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Looking forward to what Projekt's looks like!

I've learned a lot about framing in the past few years, as I have been selling my photography at various art festivals and markets locally. That method (for the EoW print) was what I did in my early days when budget was the main concern getting my work out there to the public. And of course I shoot in 16x9 format so the frame sizes HAD to be custom.

I was always the kind of kid that would take something apart to see how it worked and then put it back together. I've swapped hard drives that are difficult to get to (think old iMacs) and replaced easy to intermediate car parts with no experience other than youtube videos.

If that's the kind of person you are, I would highly recommend giving framing a shot if it interests you at all. I purchased a mat cutter awhile back off Craigslist, but it doesn't go big enough for this project - otherwise it would have had a fancy ol' mat too.

TLDR: "Looking forward to what Projekt's looks like!"

Looking forward to what Projekt's looks like!

I've learned a lot about framing in the past few years, as I have been selling my photography at various art festivals and markets locally. That method (for the EoW print) was what I did in my early days when budget was the main concern getting my work out there to the public. And of course I shoot in 16x9 format so the frame sizes HAD to be custom.

I was always the kind of kid that would take something apart to see how it worked and then put it back together. I've swapped hard drives that are difficult to get to (think old iMacs) and replaced easy to intermediate car parts with no experience other than youtube videos.

If that's the kind of person you are, I would highly recommend giving framing a shot if it interests you at all. I purchased a mat cutter awhile back off Craigslist, but it doesn't go big enough for this project - otherwise it would have had a fancy ol' mat too.

TLDR: "Looking forward to what Projekt's looks like!"

My brain works exactly opposite of yours.

I see a puzzle, and my brain overloads.

If I took something apart, chances are it isn't getting put back together, much less the way it was, hahaha.

Less than 12 hours until #17 hits the LCS. I'm in full giddy mode. Haha ! :D

lots of good stuff today. :applause:

I agree. Image is knocking it out of the park today. EoW, Birthright, Nailbiter, Nameless, Saga, Sheltered, Spawn #250, Velvet, Wytches, and Postal all out and on the shelves . :banana:

I agree. Image is knocking it out of the park today. EoW, Birthright, Nailbiter, Nameless, Saga, Sheltered, Spawn #250, Velvet, Wytches, and Postal all out and on the shelves . :banana:

+ Enormous, Ghost Fleet, Lady Killer, Bunker, Sixth Gun

definitely going to need a forklift today

...and a loan. :roflmao:

...and a loan. :roflmao:

:frustrated:

East of West round up:

1. Finally got all the pieces to my framing job in. I have experience with framing and so I ordered a custom size clear acrylic piece for the front and the custom cut metal black sectional frame from 2 separate places. Since it was an odd size, i went with no mat, but the acrylic blocks UV. Didn't want to spend a ton on it. Used a free piece of scrap foam core for backing from work. Total framing cost: $64.00 including shipping from 2 sources. Already hung above the bed (great girlfriend for allowing it :cool: )

20150202_222947_zpssvhjffvg.jpg

20150202_222843_zpsbkbrmfoc.jpg

2. New East of West this week! :banana:

3. With the announcement Hickman and Dragotta will be at c2e2, my con plans for this year have changed. I will likely attend at least Saturday, though I wish I could Friday.

Poster looks great framed up! Good job! :applause: