• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

East of West round up:

1. Finally got all the pieces to my framing job in. I have experience with framing and so I ordered a custom size clear acrylic piece for the front and the custom cut metal black sectional frame from 2 separate places. Since it was an odd size, i went with no mat, but the acrylic blocks UV. Didn't want to spend a ton on it. Used a free piece of scrap foam core for backing from work. Total framing cost: $64.00 including shipping from 2 sources. Already hung above the bed (great girlfriend for allowing it :cool: )

20150202_222947_zpssvhjffvg.jpg

20150202_222843_zpsbkbrmfoc.jpg

2. New East of West this week! :banana:

3. With the announcement Hickman and Dragotta will be at c2e2, my con plans for this year have changed. I will likely attend at least Saturday, though I wish I could Friday.

Wow that is beautiful! :banana:

That piece of wall art is fantastic!

I've never read this series but heard good things so I decided to peek in here and see what it's all about

In case you are not convinced to try out East of West maybe these ladies might give you a subtle signal.

winking-hayley-williams-paramore-katy-perry-zooey-deschanel.gif

I posted in another thread but thought people might be interested here. 11'O Clock Comics just did a podcast with Hickman where he talks about all his stuff. Lots of great discussion, especially on East of West.

http://11oclockcomics.com/forum/index.ph...&fb_ref=Default

Some info from it..

He talked about how it will be 50 issues.

He has it split into years

Year 1 - 15 issues

Year 2 - 20 issues

Year 3 - 15 issues

Says that we are in Year 2 right now it will start to deal mostly with individual stories about all these characters so that when we get to year 3 which will mostly be a massive battle, we will know what everyone is fighting for and what everyone has to lose.

Sounded like he already has the last 15 planned out and says he knows how the series ends since he started writing the first page.

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Planetary had 27 issues with some one shots. The Authority vol 1 and the Stormwatch runs that preceded it ran about 55 issues ( 4 filler issues toward the end ) with a few 1 shots too. I love stories that have a beginning and an end. I think at their current rate, it will take Hickman, Dragotta, and Martin 6 or more years to complete the series. It will be a nice ride imo.

Planetary had 27 issues with some one shots. The Authority vol 1 and the Stormwatch runs that preceded it ran about 55 issues ( 4 filler issues toward the end ) with a few 1 shots too. I love stories that have a beginning and an end. I think at their current rate, it will take Hickman, Dragotta, and Martin 6 or more years to complete the series. It will be a nice ride imo.

I know what you're saying, but still.... Bittersweet...

:baiting: That leaves 3 years of EoW releases left. Plenty of time to enjoy it.

:baiting: That leaves 3 years of EoW releases left. Plenty of time to enjoy it.

Haha, I know...

I'm such a party pooper...

http://imgur.com/7fn9hPZ

Here she be! So all in all pretty disappointed with Michael's frame job. I still love it, but what they told me I was getting and what I acutally got was a little different. But it's done and super sexy. It's so busy Dragottas sig is a little hard to see. But I'm still very happy! Opinions welcomed!

http://imgur.com/7fn9hPZ

Here she be! So all in all pretty disappointed with Michael's frame job. I still love it, but what they told me I was getting and what I acutally got was a little different. But it's done and super sexy. It's so busy Dragottas sig is a little hard to see. But I'm still very happy! Opinions welcomed!

It looks great! What came out different than what you thought?