• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars - New 2013 Ongoing from Dark Horse

505 posts in this topic

If anyone needs a copy, it looks like Happy Harbor here in Edmonton ordered a ton of them. They had one half row full of them on the new this week rack when I went there today. You can order from them online at www.happyharborcomics.com

If anyone needs a copy, it looks like Happy Harbor here in Edmonton ordered a ton of them. They had one half row full of them on the new this week rack when I went there today. You can order from them online at www.happyharborcomics.com

Thanks. I ordered a few. Let's see what happens (first time ordering from them).

Dang. Last I knew (today) my LCS has quite a bit of these. I was going to grab one to read tomorrow because I missed my usual Wednesday stop.

Question is...is this just another hot new dark horse star wars #1 that's going to die out on the secondary market or do you see it keeping its value since it is tied to the original trilogy?

If the latter, I will grab as many as I can and will definitely let any boardies looking for one to get one for cover.

Dang. Last I knew (today) my LCS has quite a bit of these. I was going to grab one to read tomorrow because I missed my usual Wednesday stop.

Question is...is this just another hot new dark horse star wars #1 that's going to die out on the secondary market or do you see it keeping its value since it is tied to the original trilogy?

If the latter, I will grab as many as I can and will definitely let any boardies looking for one to get one for cover.

This will be a short lived hot title IMHO. This will follow the Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi path, hot until issue 2 or 3 and die out on the secondary market. The regular issues won't fetch $25+ like they do today, but you won't find them for under $5 either. My guess is it will settle in the $8-15 range.

The speculators are already killing the secondary market by flooding E-Bay with copies for exorbitant prices. We probably saw the peak prices that will be paid for this book on Friday and Saturday. It is cool to watch a secondary market get created and killed in days with the Internet. Before the Internet, these things would take months if not years.

This one feels different....plus Alex Ross....variant sketch covers of 1-3 start with issue 4-7.

the story is getting good reviews. There wasn't this kind of rabid fever ever for any of the dark horse star wars. Not even close. This may be the dark horse comic to break the trend and be a true hit.

Another thread which will be fun to look back on in a few months.

I just checked Midtown a few minutes ago on a whim and was able to order a copy (my first order from them). Turned out it was the last one in stock (lucky me!). Maybe they'll restock again (they were out last night when I checked), could be worth checking back from time to time. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on an ebay listing . . .

Hard to say... On the one hand, it's Star Wars. On the other, it's Dark Horse. I have the original Star Wars #1 from the 70's and its not ridiculous to pickup one of these (paid $25 for a upper mid-grade). So..... Who knows??

I suspect the print run for this new number #1 is quite a bit lower than the original '77 number #1. That said, I agree with you, who knows? This part of the story (beween Eps. IV and V) has been told before as well--see the old DH Classic Star Wars title that reprinted the the Goodwin/Williamson newspaper run. Great, great stuff. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this new run is better than that.

I found a total of ten copies at five shops. One shop owner wouldn't let me buy it because he got "shorted" and it was his last one. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why he had it on the shelf if it wasn't actually for sale. I think it dawned on him while I was there that it was selling above cover online.

Anyway definitely hard one to get