• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swamp thing #1 cgc 9.0......why????

31 posts in this topic

Yeah, we might consider side-lining this result as an exception based on the next sale.

Why? It sold for that amount, the buyer is a known "whacko speculator" who pays over-market for his books, and it was done on a tracked auction site.

That's what CGC comic sales are about, a few zany sales mixed in with the regular. To arbitrarily remove the zany ones is to create a false reflection of the market.

GPA succeeds as a tool because it is raw, uncensored statistical data. Once verified as genuine, GPA should report ALL sales regardless, or else it ceases to be as useful a market tool as it currently is.

I for one take into account the "market spike" sales, as much as the average sales, when pricing my auctions. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

All sales are recorded regardless in GPA - it may be that a note is added for that particular auction result once looked into, as that auction in isolation and across the board with respects to the book. We don't excluse sales from GPA, but certainly make comments where appropriate - these comments help our subscribers make better decisions.

Well the "side-lining" comment certainly led me to believe that this sale would not be part of GPA statistics or analysis.

There are actually a few examples of books like that in the service. The first I remember was an extremely low (around $1500) Daredevil #1 9.2 that they note with "questionable bidding history."

All sales are recorded regardless in GPA - it may be that a note is added for that particular auction result once looked into, as that auction in isolation and across the board with respects to the book. We don't excluse sales from GPA, but certainly make comments where appropriate - these comments help our subscribers make better decisions.

Thanks for the simple but straight forward info....and also kudos for a quick response to an issue that could get twisted in a hurry.

No problem. A recent note in our database was the ASM #1 CGC 9.6 that "sold" for $107K, but later verified to be a non-sale.

On the Swamp Thing auction, take a look at the bidding history. 48 bids, 38 of which were by one bidder with 20 feedback, none of which relate to comic purchases. Interestingly, a 9.2 sold a day later for $139 with one bid, which was listed 7 days before. I believe the 9.0 will receive a "questionable bidding history" note in our database.

The seller just won the person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point lottery. Overstreet Comic Price Review has a 9.0 selling at $100 in their May issue.