• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller YUMMYCUPCAKES - follow-up

9 posts in this topic

Just a follow-up on Ebay seller YUMMYCUPCAKES for all that are interested.

I bought THIS POS and when they arrived (with no packaging, just in plain mailers 893frustrated.gif) they were VG/FN, some had parts missing!

I asked about a partial refund, to which he said - no way, but you can send them back for a refund. I had already stated that it would cost $40 to return (which I had paid for this run!) so it would not be worth it, but a partial refund would be welcomed.

No reply.

So, I leave him a neg which read:

Another ebay OVERGRADER - said VF/NM but mainly VG/FN - shipping was fast though

Now, after I paid him immediately, what happens???? I hear you say - a reneg because I left him one!

This type of 893censored-thumb.gif really rattles me, because feedback will become a complete waste of time as more and more become scared of renegs.

Now, should I have left a neg if the books were nowhere near as stated - even if I did get a refund (which I didnt!!)???????

Sorry for the sign-rantpost.gif but this 893censored-thumb.gif me off 893frustrated.gif

Another glaring illustration of the need to have two separate eBay accts. if you're selling AND buying. This seller's a joke, and you did the right thing. The fact that a re-neg might adversely affect your ability to sell is unfortunate. It certainly won't hurt your ability to buy on eBay...

As for whether you should neg such a seller if they do offer a refund but you have to eat the shipping costs to/from, I'd say a neutral is in order at the very least, and if $40+ in s/h is the price you're paying, a neg wouldn't be out of the question. There are certainly devious sellers who count on the fact that most buyers won't return books when the shipping to/from ends up being a significant % of the overall transaction... and that's downright criminal.

I thought horror comics were illegal to ship to the UK?

What can you do in this case? Not much, really. Just avoid the seller and warn everyone else, which you have done.

I don't agree that multiple buying and selling accounts are all that worthwhile, up until today I didn't think it was allowed.

Thanks for the heads up.

Never bid on auctions were the scans are small but they have that damn html 893censored-thumb.gif attached to your mouse!

If they can take the time to do that they can have better scans! mad.gif

Never bid on auctions were the scans are small but they have that damn html 893censored-thumb.gif attached to your mouse!

If they can take the time to do that they can have better scans! mad.gif

Anytime I see a floating cupcake or ANY HTML mouse &^%%&^ I don't even bother. Stupid tactic. I mean, what is it supposed to do? Make us feel warm and fuzzy?