• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

This is the real gem:

Nasty Seller. Poor packer, cut my hand and won't issue refund after seeing Seller: vickiesue62 (Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) More than a year ago

-- --

Yes awful buyer and awful ebay to allow this. I noticed his most recent FB was revised-apparently the seller caved and gave him free item or whatever.

eBay did not drink my milkshake today. In fact while most everyone I know that was watching the item thought it was a scam from a new seller with 0 feedback and listing pages of art, I picked it up in hand today after there was a mishap and it was not mailed.

Won it at the opening bid. Thanks eBay for giving me a free milkshake...

Apparently, eBay does not always drink milkshakes...

And is in fact... sometimes worth the risk. New lesson learned.

F9153D3B-C6C7-4F19-952E-9611DEA1F75E_1.jpg

Has anyone as a buyer, ever have ebay decide against them on a INAD (item not as described) case?

I have won against buyers that used a INAD against me.

well here is a new angle I hadn't thought of before--- hide the cost in your shipping charges.

all these "great" books this guy is starting his auctions at 99 cents for carry a HUGE shipping fee --- hundreds of dollars if not more.

not sure what this guy thinks he is getting away and sorry if it is one of the boardies but this stinks to high heaven

OH - I FIGURED IT OUT-- HE IS BYPASSING THE MONTHLY (non-store) SELLER LIMITS by burying the true cost in shipping.

a few samples:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-50-Valuable-Rare-King-Pin-8-0-/121347112201?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c40d9fd09

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-39-GEM-OF-A-COMIC-8-0-L-K-3-/121346767963?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c40d4bc5b

Has anyone as a buyer, ever have ebay decide against them on a INAD (item not as described) case?

I have won against buyers that used a INAD against me.

In my case, I am the buyer. Bought a WD 1 advertised as a black mature readers label raw estimated grade 9.8. I received a white label WD 1 with spine creases front and back. I tried emailing the seller for a refund and no communication was received. This is a seller with over 5000+ feedback who lists new items every day.

well here is a new angle I hadn't thought of before--- hide the cost in your shipping charges.

all these "great" books this guy is starting his auctions at 99 cents for carry a HUGE shipping fee --- hundreds of dollars if not more.

not sure what this guy thinks he is getting away and sorry if it is one of the boardies but this stinks to high heaven

OH - I FIGURED IT OUT-- HE IS BYPASSING THE MONTHLY (non-store) SELLER LIMITS by burying the true cost in shipping.

a few samples:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-50-Valuable-Rare-King-Pin-8-0-/121347112201?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c40d9fd09

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-39-GEM-OF-A-COMIC-8-0-L-K-3-/121346767963?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c40d4bc5b

I dispute his use of the term 'gem'

Ebay gave me a free milkshake-ordered item that never arrived and accidentally closed case-they gave me a refund out of pocket.

a few samples:

so I sent the guy a message about how his shipping charges seemed a bit excessive and he replies with this gem:

"this comic is valued well above 300$, i added the shipping to drop the price since ebay does not take 10% of the shipping as they do with the "actual price"

replied to him that he clearly doesn't realize that ebay gets their money out of everything including shipping charges

I don't think eBay cares one way or another. They will get their cut no matter what. Buyers might start complaining though if they fail to read the fine print.

As for his assertion that it brought attention to his sales-- he needs a course in marketing. He is bringing those who are not his target audience to his sale -- people looking for low starting point auctions. Anyway--- it just seems silly. Well over $300 for that book? hmmm--- the condition is not quite what he thinks it is based on those pictures.

I think it is better to provide good scans and do a good job of showing the product properly. His auctions look deceptive-- how can that be helping?

Screw it.

Calling eBay to see what they have to say.

Further snooping shows that D***o not only bid with the seller in what is NOW 52% of the time (was 35%) but all at the last second to max out people's bids.

Thoughts?

I have no problem paying $450 for the book. That part is not an issue.

I have a big problem handing over $450 to someone that tried to game me. So I want to see what they have to say and still value this forum's input.