• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

you know--- with that disgruntled buyer "anjos-da-guarda" that bronzilla brought up--

I would not be surprised at all if he was getting damaged shipments and not because they were sent that way but because he has at some point been a jerk with his postal carrier. And the postal worker has decided to F with him a little every now and then (not enough to tip him off that they are screwing with him).

either way-- he is blocked as I wouldn't want to deal with that kind of nonsense spewing forth from a buyer. What people like this don't realize is the more and more they act like this, the more and more people will block him until his selection is limited to less than the best stuff available. What a massive richard.

Do NOT...make your postal worker angry!

awesome--- one of my favorite Seinfeld scenes is when they meet the Post Master General and he reminds them that he is a General.

by the way- I also checked out your items but couldn't find something that I could afford or needed at this time. It was kind of interesting though as it led me on another tangent regarding the Action 1 reprint sleeping bag variant that I had never heard of

sorry-- I am going off topic and everyone knows that is simply not allowed (by some users).

Things to do after reading the latest posts in this thread :

1. Block anjos-da-guarda...CHECK

2. Buy something from bronzilla and make him feel a bit better about today...CHECK

3. Buy something from slym and make him feel a bit better about today...CHECK

4. Get back to work bagging & boarding books...CHECK

:)

Peace,

Chip

Weird you said that, I just got notified a comic sold. ;)

Strangely enough, me too!!!

:D

-slym

Sorry you had to go through that, Bronz. I haven't had it happen yet, but I fear that this will be the result every time I ship something out nowadays.

:eek:

-slym

Thanks,

Its one of my most bizarr E-Bay experiences, and so frustrating because I really would not expect this from a guy with a good rating. When something like this happens so unfairly, and so unexpectedly it really throws you for a loop.

The guy came out of the gate, an A-hole, all correspondence was done through E-Bay, so they had the opportunity to read the emails, and make a judgment based on his aggressive behavior , as well as my immediate willingness to rectify the situation. They completely ignored any of my attempts to have the neg removed.

Thank god, most people on E-BAY are fair and friendly, this person was something else!

This guy sounds like one of those dirtbags who will claim the case was damaged in shipment just to try to get a partial refund out of you when in fact the case is just fine. I always ask for pictures of the damage to make them back their claim up.

And I really don't understand why eBay won't remove the negative feedback. If the USPS caused the (supposed) damage, that's not your fault and you should have it removed from your Transaction Defect Report as well. :sumo:

I had some early run ins similar to this. It took a bit of effort to get them to look into investigating it and the guy handling the call at the end told me what to expect.

1. they will look into this problem

2. they will bot send me any indication of what is going on

3. a ruling in my favor will result in the negative rep being removed - again with no formal notification

and that was exactly how it worked out. Took about 6 weeks. Then my rating was back to 100.

Now understand my case was much more cut and dry than the one you describe. I had a guy who bought an item minutes before auction ended, had changed their name that day to "non-payingjoker", and gave me feedback that made no sense about how I never sent the item -- ewven though they themselves never paid for the item. So the sale was cancelled eventually and the feedback removed.

It is a pain in the arse and you have really got to dig in and keep on the ebay people until they escalate. But it is worth it especially if you aren't someone with a ton of sales (10k+)

Ithe dread of the jerk buyer.

Exciting Comics 62.

Today's email:

Dear flying-donut,

Hi,

Got the Exciting 62 today, thanks for the speedy shipping. Unfortunately, I did not notice that the first page was missing :-(. I guess I looked at the pics and missed the description, that little print is hard to read on my iPhone app. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll need to return it. If you'll just confirm that the address is your return address on the package, I'll ship it back tomorrow. Thanks!

- stoph-man

My response:

Dear stoph-man,

Just to be clear, you're returning this item for a first page missing from an item where the description clearly says:

Lower grade copy of Exciting Comics 62,. Looks VG but first page has been torn out. Xerox color copy of first page provided. Jann of hte Jungle cover, Black Terror story. Bright cover colors, nice pages. Super copy!

I'm not sure how clearer I can be in an description than that. Send it back.

- flying-donut

doh!

Ithe dread of the jerk buyer.

Exciting Comics 62.

Today's email:

Dear flying-donut,

Hi,

Got the Exciting 62 today, thanks for the speedy shipping. Unfortunately, I did not notice that the first page was missing :-(. I guess I looked at the pics and missed the description, that little print is hard to read on my iPhone app. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll need to return it. If you'll just confirm that the address is your return address on the package, I'll ship it back tomorrow. Thanks!

- stoph-man

My response:

Dear stoph-man,

Just to be clear, you're returning this item for a first page missing from an item where the description clearly says:

Lower grade copy of Exciting Comics 62,. Looks VG but first page has been torn out. Xerox color copy of first page provided. Jann of hte Jungle cover, Black Terror story. Bright cover colors, nice pages. Super copy!

I'm not sure how clearer I can be in an description than that. Send it back.

- flying-donut

doh!

You didn't hold his hand good enough.

I occasionally sell on ebay and when something sells, I am happy that it sold, but then I fear the dread of the jerk buyer. Luckily I've only had one (but they gave me negative feedback without even working it out). 'nuff said.

I know it goes against popular perceptions, but I've always had way more problems with Ebay sellers than buyers. It goes both ways, I suppose.

I guess list: Planet comics #34 missing first page

Or something

But someone would still say 'I didn't read the listing I just looked at the pics HYUK'