• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I'm on my second XBox One already. The disc drive went up on the first system almost instantly after I'd gotten it for Christmas.

The funny thing is the new one is better. I bought Thor: The Dark World to watch for our snow day. The film wouldn't work so we exchanged it. Again it wouldn't work. I exchanged it again but paid a little extra for the 3 disc package with the Digital version.

Out of all the times I tried it, I got a warning with a code a few times and was told to troubleshoot. I put it in but nothing came up. I noticed that one digit off was a similar issue and read about it.

It just sounds like the system has trouble with certain Blu Ray films. I put in like every other Blu Ray and they worked. Same with games. My disc drive doesn't seem bad, but the new Blu Ray just wouldn't work.

I ended up attached my digital copy to my Amazon Prime account which allowed me to watch it, but it was a ridiculous, obnoxious ordeal to watch the movie.

It's the kind of problem that suggests a firmware update might be required. Strange and disappointing that it happened on a brand-new system, because my copy of the film works perfectly in a 2-year-old Panasonic Blu-Ray player.

It's the kind of problem that suggests a firmware update might be required. Strange and disappointing that it happened on a brand-new system, because my copy of the film works perfectly in a 2-year-old Panasonic Blu-Ray player.

Yea that was my thought. I had a similar issue with the Dredd DVD on my PS3 too when it came out. It must just be an update issue.

I'm pretty well burned out on Batman games (didn't even bother with Origins) and would prefer they start a new franchise rather than pumping these things out every year.

And someone tell Disney to stop penny-pinching their licenses like an old lady, and get a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game out the door! :sumo:

I'm pretty well burned out on Batman games (didn't even bother with Origins) and would prefer they start a new franchise rather than pumping these things out every year.

And someone tell Disney to stop penny-pinching their licenses like an old lady, and get a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game out the door! :sumo:

they do say this is the Finale in the Arkham series

i think they'll still do Batman games but not focus on "Arkham"

I platinum Dark Souls :acclaim:

batman-inc-3-bueno-excellente.jpg

Just finished the main story last night. Did you get Artorias of the Abyss?

Yes.

Artorias is a badass mofo :ohnoez:

I had to get help to beat him.

I haven't fought Manus (No need to now that I've platinum the game.)

I think one of these :o are in order

It was hard as hell :ohnoez:

I platinum Dark Souls :acclaim:

:o That's an insane accomplishment, congrats. (worship)

That is so completely beyond my skill level.

I died so many times in the game I lost count :insane:

So is it fun or just very difficult? It sounds incredibly tedious from what I've read, but also like a lot of fun…