• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Dark Soul's II

Today!

Right Now!!! :ohnoez:

I get my copy this week :ohnoez:

I'm both happy & scared for DS2 :insane:

a platinum in future for you
:blush:

Hey,I platinum Dark Souls

Might as well platinum Dark Souls 2 :wishluck:

go for it

So picked up Titansfall. Raced home to play. I needed to update my XBox One so I let that go. Then I tried to sign in! I can't sign in! Apparently they got extra servers for the game, but didn't prepare for the amount of people trying to sign in :facepalm:

Xboned again.....

I do sympathize, I can remember trying to download the first Fallout 3 expansion and getting nowhere because Microsoft didn't anticipate the site traffic.

Edited by Diamonddave

So picked up Titansfall. Raced home to play. I needed to update my XBox One so I let that go. Then I tried to sign in! I can't sign in! Apparently they got extra servers for the game, but didn't prepare for the amount of people trying to sign in… :facepalm:

Just play in the single player campaign mode.

lol:baiting:

So picked up Titansfall. Raced home to play. I needed to update my XBox One so I let that go. Then I tried to sign in! I can't sign in! Apparently they got extra servers for the game, but didn't prepare for the amount of people trying to sign in… :facepalm:

Just play in the single player campaign mode.

lol:baiting:

Yea but I've heard the way the game incorporates multiplayer into the campaign is very cool. Reviews seem to say it isn't without its flaws, but it is a shooter trying to do something different.

And the Beta was a blast.

Just a heads up for anyone interested in playing some old school Tomb Raider games for the first time (or replaying them)....the PlayStation Store currently has the following games on sale for download to the PS3.

$3.99 Tomb Raider (original)

$2.49 Tomb Raider II

$2.49 Tomb Raider III

$2.49 Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Or for those who prefer the newer games...they are also offering the following:

$5.99 Tomb Raider: Underworld

$29.99 Tomb Raider (latest game) - This one is currently free for PlayStation Plus users.

getting nowhere because Microsoft didn't anticipate the site traffic.

Come on, Microsoft obviously knows that the traffic is going to spike significantly, but they simply don't care enough to spend the $$$ necessary to upgrade their servers. :facepalm:

Once you've bought the game, you're captive customers with no refunds on opened software. MS is smart and knows this.

Just a heads up for anyone interested in playing some old school Tomb Raider games for the first time (or replaying them)....the PlayStation Store currently has the following games on sale for download to the PS3.

$2.49 Tomb Raider II

$2.49 Tomb Raider III

I get so confused about these - I have the TR Trilogy HD set, which includes a remake of TR1 right? But TR2, TR3 and TR: TLR are not on the disc, original or remake, right?

$2.49 Tomb Raider II

$2.49 Tomb Raider III

I get so confused about these - I have the TR Trilogy HD set, which includes a remake of TR1 right? But TR2, TR3 and TR: TLR are not on the disc, original or remake, right?

That is correct.

In your Trilogy set, you should have:

Tomb Raider: Legend

Tomb Raider: Anniversary (which is a remake of the original first game with better graphics)

Tomb Raider: Underworld

According to Wikipedia...after Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness flopped, Core Design was sold to Rebellion Studios and eventually removed from the Tomb Raider franchise completely. Crystal Dynamics then took over and relaunched the series with Tomb Raider: Legend, which brought the character back to its tomb raiding roots.

Following the success of Legend, a remake of the original was produced and released almost a year later, called Tomb Raider: Anniversary. The game expanded on some of the plot lines, further setting up the follow-up Tomb Raider: Underworld, which featured the conclusion of the loose trilogy that forms Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. It does get a bit confusing.

Here is a list of all the Tomb Raider games in the order they were made:

Tomb Raider (original)

Tomb Raider II

Tomb Raider III

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Tomb Raider Chronicles

Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness (this game flopped)

Tomb Raider: Legend (Crystal Dynamics took over and relaunched the title with this game)

Tomb Raider: Anniversary (remake of the original first game with better graphics)

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Tomb Raider (2013 reboot of the series)

Which TR game has Lara in Venice, shooting guns at bad guys while she navigated the waterways in a boat? TR2 right? I used to like that one.

Yep. (thumbs u

I really liked that one too......and the first one with all of the monsters/creatures in it.

I already have all of the Tomb Raider games on discs....but went ahead and purchased Tomb Raider 1,2,3,4, and Underworld for my hard drive since they're so cheap right now.