• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Has anyone played the new Metal Gear? I'm a huge fan but don't think $64.00 is worth dropping on a 2 hour long game.

I don't play Metal Gear games so I have no idea, but it's a $30 game on x1/ps4 for a physical copy and $20 on 360/ps3 if you buy it digitally. Maybe that'll help.

Thanks! I didn't know it was $30, I assumed they'd charge full price.

Has anyone played the new Metal Gear? I'm a huge fan but don't think $64.00 is worth dropping on a 2 hour long game.

I don't play Metal Gear games so I have no idea, but it's a $30 game on x1/ps4 for a physical copy and $20 on 360/ps3 if you buy it digitally. Maybe that'll help.

Thanks! I didn't know it was $30, I assumed they'd charge full price.

Well, it's only the prequel to the full Metal Gear Solid 5 game. From what I've heard, Ground Zeros isn't needed to understand or play The Phantom Pain when that comes out maybe next year or so.

I haven't kept up with all the metal gear solids lately, but #1 was the best PS1 game on the system, IMO :cloud9:

Best spy/espionage game on PS1 by far, but FF7 has got to be somewhere on the best game for the system list.

Agreed and agreed. Man, now I'm thinking about grabbing a ps1 emulator and busting out some retro games....

I haven't kept up with all the metal gear solids lately, but #1 was the best PS1 game on the system, IMO :cloud9:

It was an awesome game in it's category. I think Tenchu was the only other that matched it.

MetalGear had way better graphics though.

Best spy/espionage game on PS1 by far, but FF7 has got to be somewhere on the best game for the system list.

Agreed and agreed. Man, now I'm thinking about grabbing a ps1 emulator and busting out some retro games....

How do those emulators work? Do you install them in your system?

How do those emulators work? Do you install them in your system?

You can if you have a modded system. I run mine from my PC though. Xbox 360 controllers work well for most systems. I also have original NES and Genesis controllers hooked up through USB adapters you can find on Amazon. I've got my PC hooked up to the projector for a wall full of gaming bliss :cloud9:

photo_zps353dbe2b.jpg

Ff7 was fine, great even, and I havent played it in many years but I just remember pressing buttons to make dialogue and cutscenes happen more. felt more like a movie than a game. some will like that but I find it a fault. I'm sure it would get a good number of votes tho

On the Sony PlayStation store there is a huge Electronic Arts flash sale going on this weekend only.

Discounts up to 75% off.

Included are Crysis, Dead Space, and Battlefield titles, as well as several sports games among others.

I'll be starting the MGS HD Collection soon, after I've completed the last Shivering Isles section of Oblivion on PS3 - assuming the add-on doesn't glitch or freeze again. MGS 4 : Guns of the Patriots, is also supposed to be excellent.

Dan, you've played some extremely hard videogames... have you ever thought about having a go at Dark Souls?

On the Sony PlayStation store there is a huge Electronic Arts flash sale going on this weekend only.

Discounts up to 75% off.

Included are Crysis, Dead Space, and Battlefield titles, as well as several sports games among others.

Dead Space was such a great game, the use of lighting and sound effects really drew me into the game. Also, I thought not seeing Isaac's face or hearing his voice would make it hard to identify with the character, but it was actually the opposite. Highly reccomended.

P.S. Dark Soul's II

I'll be starting the MGS HD Collection soon, after I've completed the last Shivering Isles section of Oblivion on PS3 - assuming the add-on doesn't glitch or freeze again. MGS 4 : Guns of the Patriots, is also supposed to be excellent.

Dan, you've played some extremely hard videogames... have you ever thought about having a go at Dark Souls?

I have ? I guess :) if we are talking ghosts n goblins and such but honestly I collect more than I play and I'm a better collector than player :insane: Besides, having a young family and a bunch of time for immersive games are kind of mutually exclusive.

I'm playing FF7 on my PC. Just download Steam and you can get it right now for $3.99 though that price is only good for this weekend. Then its back to $11.99.

http://store.steampowered.com/

I actually downloaded FF7 for the PC years ago. There was a patch for it to upgrade the visuals to "HD quality". There was something about it on the PC though that just seemed off; I'm thinking maybe the music was wonky or something like that...

Oh, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is off my play list. I put about 15 minutes into it last night after the UK/Louisville game and I literally fell asleep playing it. Figure it's something my 10 yr. old nephew might like so I'll keep it around but definitely not something I'm going to play again. So I'm gonna jump into Ninja Gaiden Z now.

Can anyone tell me if the Crysis games are any good? I'm thinking about purchasing the first one....or possibly 1, 2, and 3 if they are any good. Can anybody offer any feedback on them?

Yea it definitley worth it.. I got ps plus with my vita and "WOW" Its awesome three to four freegames every month is dope.. I got street fight vs tekken free uncarted free, and also got some clasics like resident evil 2 and 3.. Also got The Warriors game bro.. Its really dope tho man to have a vita you can play alot of good games on it.. So its worth it.. Oh yeah and also Killzone mercenary on the VITA is awesome.. If you get one let me know and i will add you as a friend..

Alex..

Yea they are some really good games.. I would have too say number 1 is the best one tho, and 2 is awesome and 3 was pretty good. Also Crysis 1 is kinda open world.. Reminded me of far cry 3 map a little but yeah they are definitley worth grabing awesome games and they were also very underrated games...