• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Thor #157

60 posts in this topic

I give up, it really isn't worth the bother. . . gossip.gif

That's the last book I post here hi.gifhi.gifhi.gif

Is this a modified version of the "I'M LEAVING! GOODBYE!" thing that we've all been anticipating would occur on August 5? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

893blahblah.gif

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Is this a modified version of the "I'M LEAVING! GOODBYE!" thing that we've all been anticipating would occur on August 5? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

893blahblah.gif

sorry.gif

893blahblah.gif

sorry.gif

sorry.gifsorry.gif

Sure its worth the bother David! Just because some people have diffrent opinions about grading doesnt make anybody wrong or right There just merely opinions and that is all! Still a nice book. Its just spine stress and me dont get along! Cant wait for the grading contest to begin and I am glad I am on your's and Darth's team!

Davidking623

devil.gif Excellent. Truly excellent. The Curse lives! acclaim.gif

I hope not, I enjoy the grading/guessing process. Please continue to post your books.

Sure its worth the bother David! Just because some people have diffrent opinions about grading doesnt make anybody wrong or right There just merely opinions and that is all! Still a nice book. Its just spine stress and me dont get along! Cant wait for the grading contest to begin and I am glad I am on your's and Darth's team!

Davidking623

DK,

It's not the grades received - I always appreciate the opinions of my esteemed colleagues. It's when a couple of them (you know who you are) look at bad photos of another copy of the same issue on eBay, graded by CGC, and express opinions that have no bases, with no or inadequate information.

Detailed scans are the only way to see the qualities of a book, outside of holding it in it hand. As we all know, photos are often not only out of focus, but distorted and deceptive in many ways. I take the time to post detailed hi-res scans here, when I could just be focusing on selling the books.

Anyone who has looked at my auctions, knows I am one of the sellers on eBay, who actually gives a shiite about what he sells and and what his clients get. sign-rantpost.gif

flowerred.gif

Nostradamus bono? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifhi.gif

893blahblah.gif

Say it aint so divad, say it aint so. 893whatthe.giffrown.gif

OK, so I lied! devil.gif

Grade this!

OK, so I lied! devil.gif

Grade this!

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifCGC GEM MINT 10.0 cloud9.gif

flowerred.gif Hubba hubba flamed.gif

Its so obvious 11.0 with possible 12.0 in the making! devil.gif

At least this is the grading that was mentioned when I tried to return a book to metropolis his reply what its not 11.0 or 12.0 so now I am better informed of Grading sumo.gif

Truly though with out the book in hand and with the naked eye It would be much easier to grade her with her in your arms and hands so you could get the extreme close up of her and see if there were any flaws to be seen! devil.gif

Davidking623

OK, so I lied! devil.gif

Grade this!

At least this is the grading that was mentioned when I tried to return a book to metropolis his reply what its not 11.0 or 12.0 so now I am better informed of Grading sumo.gif

Truly though with out the book in hand and with the naked eye It would be much easier to grade her with her in your arms and hands so you could get the extreme close up of her and see if there were any flaws to be seen! devil.gif

Davidking623

Yes, I agree - I see a significant crease dead center! 27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

OK, so I lied! devil.gif

Grade this!

Davidking623

Yes, I agree - I see a significant crease dead center! 27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

angel.gif

devil.gif

Davidking623

893blahblah.gif

Say it aint so divad, say it aint so. 893whatthe.giffrown.gif

OK, so I lied! devil.gif

Grade this!

DK,

It's not the grades received - I always appreciate the opinions of my esteemed colleagues. It's when a couple of them (you know who you are) look at bad photos of another copy of the same issue on eBay, graded by CGC, and express opinions that have no bases, with no or inadequate information.

flowerred.gif

ok, diva, here's what i'm missing;

you posted the e-bay pic and claimed that your book was much sharper. (I have no opinion as i don't believe you can tell anything from the e-bay pic). then you berate certain board members who claim the e-bay book looks sharper, BECAUSE how can you tell from bad e-bay pix?!?!?

but you're the one who posted it and made the first claim by drawing a comparison to a picture that you now claim is a bad photo?? confused.gif

at any rate, i think it's a lovely book and agree with FFB that an 8.5 would be about right. i think the stress marks at the staples are pretty severe for a 9.0, but have recently questioned the logic of using TOO BIG scans which may magnify defects beyond what they actually are............of course i was wrong about your accursed TOS 40, so i'll end this with - IMO.............

ok, diva, here's what i'm missing;

you posted the e-bay pic and claimed that your book was much sharper. (I have no opinion as i don't believe you can tell anything from the e-bay pic). then you berate certain board members who claim the e-bay book looks sharper, BECAUSE how can you tell from bad e-bay pix?!?!?

but you're the one who posted it and made the first claim by drawing a comparison to a picture that you now claim is a bad photo?? confused.gif

BB, thank you. flowerred.gif

The e-Bay photo is horrible, and I admit I posted it. sorry.gif Like all scans and photos, they can be used only to limit a book's grade, not to accurately grade it. One must hold the book in hand to do so. sumo.gif

One obvious point, I was trying to make with the eBay photo (other than to lure peiople into making the obvious false conclusions that they did devil.gif) was to point out that even in a bad photo you can see the corner wear and staple stress on this "8.5". foreheadslap.gif