• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Bryan Singer's Days of Futures Past be a retcon doing away with Last Stand?

132 posts in this topic

I know he left because he thought he could do Superman justice but what a massive fail on his part. Couldnt just finish the trilogy? He should curse himself, its his fault

agreed...instead of the great X men trilogy we got a xmen 3 and superman and son :cry:

The worst of both worlds.

Oh man I hope so!

I have always said that when Singer saw last stand for the first time, he must have gone on a 72 hour cussing spree given the abomination they created using his foundation.

I wonder if Stan Lee, Roy Thomas, Neal Adams, Chris Claremont and John Byrne had the same reaction after seeing the first one hm

Last Stand was god awful, had a cool fight scene with Iceman/Pyro though

It has it's moments - mainly the death scenes - Prof X, Jean - but most of the rest is a bit of a mess.

And don't forget Vinnie Jones doh!

X-Men Last Stand is a far better action movie than the story-less X2, but all the changes made seem to really butthurt the fanboys.

It seems that studios are allowed to make mediocre movies like X2 as long as they stick to the established continuity, but if they make an action-packed flick like X3 and all over continuity, they are hammered by the fanboys.

I personally liked X3 because it's the only movie that actually showed that mutants were powerful and could actually fight. Magneto had some great scenes and Wolverine wasn't just a fool swinging his claws around aimlessly like in X2. Singer has absolutely no clue on how to stage or shoot an action scene and this is shown clearly in Superman.

You guys need to step back from the funny books a bit, as this was nowhere near the same as turning Gwen into a 'ho, and I'm just about the biggest Dark Phoenix fan alive. But I can still separate the movies from the comics.

God I hope so!

Reading the trivia on imdb has me thinking this could be the first comic movie retcon we see? Time travel used to undo Last Stand?

Great idea! Perhaps as an add on, Singer could erase the horrible Superman movie he made as well!

X-Men Last Stand is a far better action movie than the story-less X2, but all the changes made seem to really butthurt the fanboys.

It seems that studios are allowed to make mediocre movies like X2 as long as they stick to the established continuity, but if they make an action-packed flick like X3 and all over continuity, they are hammered by the fanboys.

I personally liked X3 because it's the only movie that actually showed that mutants were powerful and could actually fight. Magneto had some great scenes and Wolverine wasn't just a fool swinging his claws around aimlessly like in X2. Singer has absolutely no clue on how to stage or shoot an action scene and this is shown clearly in Superman.

You guys need to step back from the funny books a bit, as this was nowhere near the same as turning Gwen into a 'ho, and I'm just about the biggest Dark Phoenix fan alive. But I can still separate the movies from the comics.

Why should you have to?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=6237763&Searchpage=1&Main=281474&Words=days+of+future+past+Gsims718&topic=0&Search=true#Post6237763

I like the way you think.

I proposed the same idea in the days of future past wolverine announcement thread.

since Patrick Stewart is in it, I think they are going to splinter off into another future and the last stand will remain, but this will create a future where they can do what they want.

There were already enough retcons in First Class though so it wouldn't surprise me.

Last Stand was god awful, had a cool fight scene with Iceman/Pyro though

It has it's moments - mainly the death scenes - Prof X, Jean - but most of the rest is a bit of a mess.

And don't forget Vinnie Jones doh!

When I heard that Vinnie Jones had been cast as the Juggernaut, I feared the worst. The reality was far more horrible than I could've imagined. :tonofbricks:

I agree with a lot of your points, JC and I didn't hate X3 but personally I greatly enjoyed X2, the best one out of them IMHO. 2c

Why should you have to?

You don't have to do anything but in many peoples opinions, movies work better being based on cmic books rather than copying comic books. Sometimes they work well and sometimes they don't but the X Men trilogy was very successful as was Avengers which shows that not everyone is hung up on how closely the films follow the comic storylines. You're entitled to your point of view but so is everyone else.

I liked X3, but I also like that it makes the fanboys weep. :cloud9:

Why should you have to?

You don't have to do anything but in many peoples opinions, movies work better being based on cmic books rather than copying comic books. Sometimes they work well and sometimes they don't but the X Men trilogy was very successful as was Avengers which shows that not everyone is hung up on how closely the films follow the comic storylines. You're entitled to your point of view but so is everyone else.

The majority of people who saw those movies have no clue how close they were or were not to the comics, so why would they be hung up on anything? (shrug)

I liked X3, but I also like that it makes the fanboys weep. :cloud9:

By the time the third one rolled out I had already been numbed by the first two.

Why should you have to?

The majority of people who saw those movies have no clue how close they were or were not to the comics, so why would they be hung up on anything? (shrug)

..... and film makers have to appeal to the majority so why would they worry about a few collectors who are interested in the film closely following the comics? Even among comic collectors, it seems that most enjoyed the first two films at least so we're talking about the minority of the minority who are actually hung up on the films following the comics.

Why on Earth would film makers then be worried about it? (shrug)