• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrBedrock's eclectic thread of truly weird shiznit...

143 posts in this topic

I just had a guy walk in with a box of golden age. There are 46 L.B. Cole covers (including things like Ghostly Weird 122 and Startling 11), about 50 Fiction House covers, mostly iconic (Rangers 14 and 26, Wings 90) and/or Whitman art (Planet 71 and Ghost 2 among others). And a few other choice things like Tomb of Terror 15, Weird Tales of the Future 5, Witchcraft 5, Thing 17.

I won't be taking any PMs on these. All attempts will be met with a simple (thumbs u .

But I promise I will start a new sales thread and offer these comic treasures first here on the CGC boards on one condition...

ALL OF THE STUFF IN THIS THREAD MUST BE SOLD BY SUNDAY.

Call it extortion if you want. I'm cool with that. Buy my junk and I'll give the boards first crack at some cool stuff.

OK- you mean all stuff currently listed in this thread must be sold before offering the new GA find- correct?

Interesting sales tactic.

OK, I'll do my part, Gimme the Ten issues of Sex to Sexty.

Now the rest of you pikers step up.

I just had a guy walk in with a box of golden age. There are 46 L.B. Cole covers (including things like Ghostly Weird 122 and Startling 11), about 50 Fiction House covers, mostly iconic (Rangers 14 and 26, Wings 90) and/or Whitman art (Planet 71 and Ghost 2 among others). And a few other choice things like Tomb of Terror 15, Weird Tales of the Future 5, Witchcraft 5, Thing 17.

I won't be taking any PMs on these. All attempts will be met with a simple (thumbs u .

But I promise I will start a new sales thread and offer these comic treasures first here on the CGC boards on one condition...

Call it extortion if you want. I'm cool with that. Buy my junk and I'll give the boards first crack at some cool stuff.

:o

:popcorn:

Weird Shiznit Recap...

Page 1

Riddler Banner $50.00

Penguin Banner $50.00

Page 3

Mighty Mouse Ben Cooper Halloween Costume $50.00

Page 4

Mighty Mouse soakie $75.00

12" Mighty Mouse plush $50.00

8" Ideal Mighty Mouse plush $75.00

Two Mighty Mouse board games $45.00

Misc. Mighty Mouse group (t-shirts and plush figures) $30.00

Page 7

Vintage Christmas Bubble Lights $75.00

Page 8

10 Sex to Sexty mags $75 SOLD

ERB Synthetic Men of Mars promotional dust jacket $60.00

9 issues of Old Sleuth's Own $40.00

24 different old paper items $50.00

Only 11 items stand between us and a killer old comics sales thread (thumbs u

A funny story, that starts off not so funny...

G.B. Love, the founder of the Rocket's Blast, spent his final years in Houston. He was a regular at all of the Houston comic collectors con, meetings, and events. He collected all kinds of stuff - comics, WWII memorabilia, Christmas stuff, Halloween decorations, diecast vehicles. He had a ton of STUFF. In 2000 he was involved in a car wreck. He was in the hospital for a couple of months, never recovered, and passed away in early 2001. All of his worldly belongings were passed on to his church which coordinated an auction. The auction took place at his home.

G.B.'s house was located on the end of the block in an older neighborhood in the south part of town. He had a huge back yard that took up two lots and was bordered on two sides by streets. There were chain link fences on both of those sides so the passing traffic could see all that was going on back there. The folks hired to do the auction set up everything in the back yard. Near the back door there was a podium. The crowd of about 100 gathered in the yard. And items were brought out of the house, one-by-one and displayed near the podium for the gathered bidders. Bidders would bid on items by raising their hands. This went on for a few hours. The folks driving by were always curious.

Now understand, this was a pretty racially mixed neighborhood, but the antique dealers in attendance were 100% white.

So the auction is going on for a while. They start getting into the WWII memorabilia. And the next item is a full size German SS Flag, full swastika, bright red, and in pristine condition. Auctioneer starts the spiel. Bidders start raising their hands. Folks driving by are getting wide-eyed.

Then it hit everybody what it must look like.

That is a funny ending! :D I instantly thought about this Seinfeld episode:

If I'm gonna be extorted, can I at least get a list with grades to decide how much extortion I'm willing to pay?

Ten issues of Sex to Sexty!

item23.jpg

Sex to Sexty was a gag magazine in the late '60s and early '70s. The jokes were the usual bawdy bathroom humor type. And it was heavily illustrated. Fairly tame. Lots of boobs. Lots of butts. But nothing too over the top. They are standard magazine size. Heavy card stock covers and about 100 pgs per issue. This lot has ten issues...

5 vgf

7 vg

8 vg

10 fn

11 vgf

12 vgf

13 fn

18 vgf

21 vg

23 vg

Let the hilarity ensue!

All ten for $75

take

Ten issues of Sex to Sexty!

item23.jpg

Sex to Sexty was a gag magazine in the late '60s and early '70s. The jokes were the usual bawdy bathroom humor type. And it was heavily illustrated. Fairly tame. Lots of boobs. Lots of butts. But nothing too over the top. They are standard magazine size. Heavy card stock covers and about 100 pgs per issue. This lot has ten issues...

5 vgf

7 vg

8 vg

10 fn

11 vgf

12 vgf

13 fn

18 vgf

21 vg

23 vg

Let the hilarity ensue!

All ten for $75

take

My Man! Thanks (thumbs u

If I'm gonna be extorted, can I at least get a list with grades to decide how much extortion I'm willing to pay?

The list is long, the grades are perfect - for a mid-grade collector.

Weird Shiznit Recap...

Page 1

Riddler Banner $50.00

Penguin Banner $50.00

Page 3

Mighty Mouse Ben Cooper Halloween Costume $50.00

Page 4

Mighty Mouse soakie $75.00

12" Mighty Mouse plush $50.00

8" Ideal Mighty Mouse plush $75.00

Two Mighty Mouse board games $45.00

Misc. Mighty Mouse group (t-shirts and plush figures) $30.00

Page 7

Vintage Christmas Bubble Lights $75.00

Page 8

ERB Synthetic Men of Mars promotional dust jacket $60.00

9 issues of Old Sleuth's Own $40.00

24 different old paper items $50.00

Only 11 10 items stand between us and a killer old comics sales thread (thumbs u

how old are we talking?

how old are we talking?

PM SENT!!! :ohnoez: