• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be the biggest comic book movie blockbuster of 2013?

biggest comic book hit of 2013  

447 members have voted

1. 1. biggest comic book hit of 2013

81 posts in this topic

hard to say. i think mandarin is a tough villain to pull off. Hope they can keep iron man from fighting another robot. Iron man has the advantage.

i do have some hope they might be putting together a pretty good superman movie. I like the trailer. I think if they nail this movie it could go pretty big. The tech is now there to do superman proud and i think the theme music hints on exploring the "godlike" aspect of his awesome power. This is the one movie i really think has the potential to beat iron man movie big. I just can't help but thinking movies like wolverine 2 will be formulaic watchable flicks that not too many will get excited over. Besides its time to fix wolvies claws they look so dumb.

2013 is definitely going to be a busy movie year.

Oz: The Great and Powerful

GI Joe: Retaliation

Carrie

Jurassic Park 3D

Evil Dead

Iron Man 3

Star Trek Into the Darkness

Fast 6

The Hangover 3

Man of Steel

World War Z

Kick 2

Lone Ranger

Independence Day 3D

The Wolverine

300 Rise of an Empire

Red 2

Robocop

Percy Jackson: Sea Monsters

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Star Wars Episode II & III

Thor The Dark World

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

I predict pain for Iron Man. It will probably do ok at the box office, but the movie will be the worst one to date, and is probably one more movie away from it's "Batman and Robin" swan song. Perhaps complete with nipples on the Iron Man suit.

I also predict that the Superman movie will rekindle the franchise, much the way Dark Knight did Batman. While it may not beat Iron Man at the BO, it will lay the groundwork for sequels that will blow away all other superhero movies before it.

With Nolan helping to write the story for Man of Steel it should be entertaining to watch and keep the audience enthralled. Snyder doing the directing will make it action packed.

I think the new Superman movie will ignite the love that people had for Superman. The last movie was horrible imo. But I can't see much in the DC's future though.... let's hope they can maintain the momentum from Man of Steel.

I honestly wouldn't put G I Joe or Star Trek as pure comic books movies since they were TV first.

I think Star Trek will be good, but G I Joe looks like total trash just as the first one.

This G I Joe franchise is a spit in the face of the original cartoons. Nothing a like it what so ever.

Pure Comic Movies.....

1. Man of Steel Hate to say it but I think this movie is going to blow everyone away.

2. Wolverine 2 (even with 8'5" Hugh Jackman as Wolverine)

3. Iron Man 3 I am hoping of course this the best movie of the summer, but usually the 3rd movie of any franchise is never better than the first. As long as it is better than Iron Man 2 (which I do not dislike all that much) with more fight scenes and action I am sure I will be happy.

4. Thor 2 This movie will be a decent popcorn flick, but I am getting the feeling of more of an filler movie for Avengers 2

5. A Dame to Kill for Sin City was really good, but Spirit was horrible, so hopefully after I see this it will rank higher.