• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Django Unchained NECA Action Figures--who's buying?

117 posts in this topic

That's it for Ebay.

I sold 4 figures today and had 2 more auctions running and got this email from ebay after they pulled my last two auctions down.... it was sent under the title "Hateful or Discriminatory"

Since the manufacturer of this product has discontinued the item’s sale due to its potentially offensive nature, we are not allowing it to be sold on eBay. We appreciate that you have chosen eBay to sell your items, however I must insist you don't relist this item.

This is, of course, AFTER they allowed the manufacturer to sell over a thousand of these figures AFTER they announced they were discontinuing the item because they MIGHT BE offensive to someone.

Here's one of the "HATEFUL" figures...you might want children in the room to shield their eyes.

SchultzDjango.jpg

That's it for Ebay.

I sold 4 figures today and had 2 more auctions running and got this email from ebay after they pulled my last two auctions down.... it was sent under the title "Hateful or Discriminatory"

Since the manufacturer of this product has discontinued the item’s sale due to its potentially offensive nature, we are not allowing it to be sold on eBay. We appreciate that you have chosen eBay to sell your items, however I must insist you don't relist this item.

This is, of course, AFTER they allowed the manufacturer to sell over a thousand of these figures AFTER they announced they were discontinuing the item because they MIGHT BE offensive to someone.

Here's one of the "HATEFUL" figures...you might want children in the room to shield their eyes.

SchultzDjango.jpg

Is it anatomically correct or something?

Might as well collect one more final value fee off of the denigration of slaves and the US's painful history of slavery before shutting it all down I guess.

Might as well collect one more final value fee off of the denigration of slaves and the US's painful history of slavery before shutting it all down I guess.

I've not seen the movie yet, so I am clueless, but given the period depiction of the film wouldn't she be named "Brunhilda" after the 6th century queen instead of after "Broom-Hilda," the Russell Myers cartoon witch?

Forgive me if I'm out of line. No spoilers, please.

Update: eBay pulled down this auction with less that 10 minutes to go and the bidding up over 2300 the last time I looked.

They really are the seller's best friend.

Update: eBay pulled down this auction with less that 10 minutes to go and the bidding up over 2300 the last time I looked.

They really are the seller's best friend.

Too bad they don't put as much effort into taking down designer knockoffs and actual chargeback scammers.

So you can sell playboys on ebay but not Cherry Comics. I kind of understand that.

But why would ebay take these items offline? AND DON'T SAY BECAUSE THEY WERE RECALLED, BECAUSE MIND THE GAP 2 ERROR ISSUES ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE ON THE BAY.

It doesn't make a lot of sense.

So you can sell playboys on ebay but not Cherry Comics. I kind of understand that.

But why would ebay take these items offline? AND DON'T SAY BECAUSE THEY WERE RECALLED, BECAUSE MIND THE GAP 2 ERROR ISSUES ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE ON THE BAY.

It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Yeah. eBay is built on the aftermarket sales of recalled items. Why is this forbidden and every other recalled item on eBay allowed?

I don't get it.

Because it relates to black Americans and slavery.

FIRST EBAY SAYS "NO YOU CANT SELL GRADED CHERRY BOOKS BECAUSE OF THE NUDITY ASPECT, BUT PLAYBOYS RAW OR GRADED ARE FINE AS LONG AS NO NUDITY IS SHOWN."

NOW THEY SAY SINCE SPIKE LEE IS ALL MAD WE CAN'T HAVE BLACK FACE BARBIE DOLLS?

SHIIIIIIIEEEETTTTTTTT

Because it relates to black Americans and slavery.

Link

Link

Link

Link

The list is endless.

And civil rights groups complained.

Because there was a dollar in it for them somewhere.

I don't know. I haven't seen Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

The protests started/were inflamed by Sharpton on his TV show.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni45252275/