• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm getting Pretty Deadly... are u?

422 posts in this topic

Sorry, currently at work so cant dig out my copies, but I managed to find the original link mentioning the fault:

uV0eZ4x.jpg

Second panel, not far from the top, colour changes in the background along a horizontal line and skin tone becomes really dark.

I'm preparing for Thought Bubble this weekend and was wondering if this would affect the grade?

I've not seen any appear on the census yet (assuming all copies have this green tint, all the regular and FP variants I've seen have) and was planning on getting a triple sig but wouldn't want to eat the cost of SS slabbing if CGC would downgrade from a sure fire 9.8 candidate.

I do chase the grade :insane:

Otherwise, I'll get it signed and leave it in a Mylar.

Any ideas? :)

I'm preparing for Thought Bubble this weekend and was wondering if this would affect the grade?

I've not seen any appear on the census yet (assuming all copies have this green tint, all the regular and FP variants I've seen have) and was planning on getting a triple sig but wouldn't want to eat the cost of SS slabbing if CGC would downgrade from a sure fire 9.8 candidate.

I do chase the grade :insane:

Otherwise, I'll get it signed and leave it in a Mylar.

Any ideas? :)

Holy :censored: they can be triple sigged, that's awesome, just realised! Yus. Are you getting any of the regular or FP covers signed?

Holy :censored: they can be triple sigged, that's awesome, just realised! Yus. Are you getting any of the regular or FP covers signed?

One regular cover regardless of slabbing for myself. If I can find out how CGC would grade the 1st prints then that could turn into more as I'm helping out with some requests.

I don't think the FP cover would look good with signatures. Black ink would be lost with the artwork, silver (my usual favourite) would be so-so, gold would stand out more but with the bold black and white art, I still think everything would look better on the regular cover. I think the colour makes the cover.

Are you going to be there?

Picked up 2 of the FP variants mainly due to how damn pretty they are.

di1h.jpg

Willing to pick up some for anyone and bring them back to the states and ship them to you.

You'd have to PM me in the next couple hours though, tomorrow's my last day in London and I hit FP around lunch.

One regular cover regardless of slabbing for myself. If I can find out how CGC would grade the 1st prints then that could turn into more as I'm helping out with some requests.

I don't think the FP cover would look good with signatures. Black ink would be lost with the artwork, silver (my usual favourite) would be so-so, gold would stand out more but with the bold black and white art, I still think everything would look better on the regular cover. I think the colour makes the cover.

Yeah I'm going. Btw, how would you get it SS slabbed without CGC there to witness the sigs?

Yeah I'm going. Btw, how would you get it SS slabbed without CGC there to witness the sigs? [/

quote]

Katchoo I need the hookup.

I'm not a fan of blue or red sigs (just silver or black for me) but do agree they'd pop out on the FP cover. Maybe very a fine sharpie for discrete signatures hm I'd rather they compliment and integrate into the fine line of the art.

As for slabbing, I know a facilitator and witness will be there but won't be setting up a table as I've got to drop off some stuff for others and co-ordinate with sketching if I yet any graded.

As for slabbing, I know a facilitator and witness will be there but won't be setting up a table as I've got to drop off some stuff for others and co-ordinate with sketching if I yet any graded.

How do you know this and how can they be found during the show if they don't have a table?

Via emails and speaking in person to the Scott's Collectibles group who were the presence at LSCC and do the same job as any other facilitator with a witness at any other event.

On the day, I'll call them to drop off some books and the whole co-ordination for sketching with any luck :wishluck:

I think today might have been the cut off date to post books since it's a post-in-books only but since you'll be there, you could always drop them off :)

There'll be no demand for this by the looks of this thread.

Less than 500 printed according to Ron Richards at the Image booth

(I handed 50 damaged copies back so even less in great shape)

Will it be a Nowhere men UK exclusive or a The Bounce UK exclusive?

20131123_204206_zps9713f13d.jpg

I would love a nice copy of that book...

Am I blind or did you miss Kelly Sue?

I don't think it'll be a Nowhere Men but probably more sought after than The Bounce. Did you buy 50 copies?

Am I blind or did you miss Kelly Sue?

I don't think it'll be a Nowhere Men but probably more sought after than The Bounce. Did you buy 50 copies?

Not blind, the queue was too long Saturday & on Sunday I think they were a little hung over & turned up around 2PM & yes

That's a slight exaggeration cos I was in the queue for Emma on Sunday and she turned up at 11:40. KS was already there. I got her signatures first thing on Saturday. Didn't have to wait long at all thankfully.

£250 on Pretty Deadly... :o Did you get all 50 signed? lol