• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm getting Pretty Deadly... are u?

422 posts in this topic

Just read PD

Not bad at all. Reminds me of another book......... EoW maybe lol

If it is as good as EoW I'll have zero complaints.

Throughly enjoyed issue #1

I dig the colloquial speak these period comics envoke. When it's done well (as it is here), it make the experience richer.

Reading Think Tank next.

Look at you going all colloquial on us. You realize that I can barely make it through Batman 66 speak lol

I hope you're right and this ends up like East of West. I got East of West right off the bat but this one took a little more thought for me. I'm in for a little either way.

Does anyone know if the printing fault on Page 21 ( loss of pink/red colour from about 1/4 of the page all the way down - most visible as change of skin tone to brownish) effects the entire print run of #1?

All my copies have this fault, and a lot of people on reddit saying their copies have it too.

Does anyone know if the printing fault on Page 21 ( loss of pink/red colour from about 1/4 of the page all the way down - most visible as change of skin tone to brownish) effects the entire print run of #1?

All my copies have this fault, and a lot of people on reddit saying their copies have it too.

can you show a photo of that page?

I packed my comics away today and I'm too lazy to get them out again, but it's this page if I remember correctly. If yours has the error, this page will look kind of green from a quarter of the way down the page. I forgot to check if my FP variants have the same problem.

p21.jpg

A 2 page preview of #2. Don't ask why but I like the art little better as time goes by.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/06/a-preview-of-pretty-deadly-2-go-on-then-rip-this-one-up/

I never had a problem with the art it was the story that was all over the place for me I figured a second read might help like I said with time this could be great.

Under ordered and sold out pretty much everywhere in Philly, sure the Ghost Variant gouge shop still has 'em, wouldn't know as I don't go there anymore.

Didn't get around to reading it yet but the reviews don't look too positive, hoping for an ok book and not a total letdown like Sex, Lazarus or East Of West.

19 reviews so far with a 8.5 average score.

24 reviews of EOW #1 average score 9.0

29 reviews of Lazarus #1 average score 8.7

(shrug)

Link to these 19 reviews?

Personally, I thought it was pretty awful. It was all over the place and the art didn't help. Retailers can return unsold stock on this one, right? Can consumers too?

Under ordered and sold out pretty much everywhere in Philly, sure the Ghost Variant gouge shop still has 'em, wouldn't know as I don't go there anymore.

Didn't get around to reading it yet but the reviews don't look too positive, hoping for an ok book and not a total letdown like Sex, Lazarus or East Of West.

(shrug)

Ok here you go and its been updated to 29 critic reviews as of this post. Sorry you don't like it.

EOW #! REVIEWS

Lazarus #1

and finally Pretty Deadly #1

Pretty Dead #1

(shrug)

Personally, I thought it was pretty awful. It was all over the place and the art didn't help. Retailers can return unsold stock on this one, right? Can consumers too?

http://www.comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/image-comics/pretty-deadly/1

(shrug)

Ok here you go.

EOW #! REVIEWS

Lazarus #1

Pretty Dead #1

Beat me to it lol

(shrug)

Ok here you go and its been updated to 29 critic reviews as of this post. Sorry you don't like it.

EOW #! REVIEWS

Lazarus #1

Pretty Dead #1

I wasn't doubting you; it just seemed like you were using a site like metacritic and rotten tomatoes for comics that I'd never seen.

And you were! Thanks for the link.

I gave the book a chance, but it was REALLY confusing. Was it supposed to be multiple storylines? Was the little girl her as a child? Who is the main character? Was the old guy blind or just faking? Did he have some DD like senses? What was going on with the feather? Why were those guys even trying to kill her? What was with the scene in the town with the man and the little girl? Was the story she told about this death character?

Sorry- that is too many questions to keep me interested...

I haven't read through the thread before making this comment, but I just wanted to ask if there is anybody else that didn't like this issue. I just could not get into this at all. It's not like I had high expectations either, because I honestly didn't know what to to expect. This just didn't do anything for me. I'm curious if anybody else feels the same way.

Out of the two number one issues that I tried during the month of October, Coffin Hill blew this one out of the water from my perspective. This really isn't saying much, however, as I'd only give Coffin Hill about a 7/10.