• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm getting Pretty Deadly... are u?

422 posts in this topic

That's a slight exaggeration cos I was in the queue for Emma on Sunday and she turned up at 11:40. KS was already there. I got her signatures first thing on Saturday. Didn't have to wait long at all thankfully.

£250 on Pretty Deadly... :o Did you get all 50 signed? lol

where do you get £250 from ?

it's not what you know ;)

Put it this way, I didn't pay that, sold 6 already and the other 44 are profit

That's a slight exaggeration cos I was in the queue for Emma on Sunday and she turned up at 11:40. KS was already there. I got her signatures first thing on Saturday. Didn't have to wait long at all thankfully.

£250 on Pretty Deadly... :o Did you get all 50 signed? lol

where do you get £250 from ?

it's not what you know ;)

Put it this way, I didn't pay that, sold 6 already and the other 44 are profit

They were a fiver each...?

It was AMAZING! I got some Pretty Deadlys (some unsigned, some triple signed) and a couple of the Nowhere Men variant trades signed by Eric Grumpychops and Jordie so I'm up for arranging a swap of some kind. :) I think I saw a CGC guy but I didn't really want to pay the £50 ($82) to enclose a book in some plastic. I put the Pretty Deadlys straight into some mylars with boards so they should be minty fresh.

Emma Rios is super lovely and did me an awesome sketch.

tb_sketch_pd2.jpg

It was amazing watching her draw. Kelly Sue was so nice too, really friendly & chatty. She was telling me about how much research Emma puts into her art, way beyond what is put in the -script. Also it's gonna be monthly with breaks in between each arc, mainly because it takes longer than a month to do the art for one issue. They have plans for 3 arcs and from there they'll see how things are sales-wise etc.

Emma mentioned all the variants for #1 and how she was kind of worried about having so many, but so many people/shops asked to do the variants - people they consider friends so it was hard to say no to them but eventually they had to turn people down. Aw she was just so lovely and smiley. :cloud9:

It was AMAZING! I got some Pretty Deadlys (some unsigned, some triple signed) and a couple of the Nowhere Men variant trades signed by Eric Grumpychops and Jordie so I'm up for arranging a swap of some kind. :) I think I saw a CGC guy but I didn't really want to pay the £50 ($82) to enclose a book in some plastic. I put the Pretty Deadlys straight into some mylars with boards so they should be minty fresh.

Emma Rios is super lovely and did me an awesome sketch.

tb_sketch_pd2.jpg

It was amazing watching her draw. Kelly Sue was so nice too, really friendly & chatty. She was telling me about how much research Emma puts into her art, way beyond what is put in the -script. Also it's gonna be monthly with breaks in between each arc, mainly because it takes longer than a month to do the art for one issue. They have plans for 3 arcs and from there they'll see how things are sales-wise etc.

Emma mentioned all the variants for #1 and how she was kind of worried about having so many, but so many people/shops asked to do the variants - people they consider friends so it was hard to say no to them but eventually they had to turn people down. Aw she was just so lovely and smiley. :cloud9:

Amazing sketch sounds like it was a blast.So happy you were able to get some news about the book i hope I start to really enjoy/understand #1 with the info in issue #2 but the sketch takes the cake. :applause:

Sweet sketch Katchoo! Sounds like you had a blast at TB.

I just finished up #2 and I'm still left with a bunch of questions (maybe more) but I love not knowing everything up front. The mystery keeps me coming back.

If anyone is interested in a TB variant. It looks like FP is taking preorders (1 per person).

This book is a little strange to me. Some of the art is downright beautiful while some it looks rushed and amateurish. I'm not sure where this story is going at all. The characters kind of blend together. I keep hoping that I get a :idea: moment but I haven't had it yet. I will ride out the first arc because I like a deeper story ( in case that is what this is ) but I won't stick around if it just becomes a tedious read.