• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Stan "the man" Musial

23 posts in this topic

Someone one Facebook said:

RIP Stan the Man

I had to see it here it was the baseball player.

I thought he was talking about Stan Lee. :eek:

RIP in peace.Widely considered the most popular Cardinal.A great player for 24 seasons,retiring in 1963.You will be missed,sir.

You scared me for 2.3 seconds...

But yes, RIP.

:(

He was before my time, but I remember seeing ads on the backs of Walt Disneys Comics and Stories during the 50's with him promoting Wheaties cereal or some such product. He was one of the greats

Early in the season of 1951, not long after 20-year-old Willie Mays first was called up to the New York Giants, manager Leo Durocher met with the young slugger to go over the opposing hitters for that day. The Giants were playing the St. Louis Cardinals, and Durocher briefed Mays on the Cards' lineup, telling Mays how to play the first hitter, then the second hitter and then the fourth hitter.

"What about number three?" Mays asked.

"The third hitter is Stan Musial," Durocher told him. "There is no advice I can give you about him."