• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batmobile just sold for 4.2 Million!

52 posts in this topic

Somehow I doubt this is the "original". Barris built many. One is sitting in Gatlinburg, TN

Yes he did and for profit. Those other cars were fords and not the Lincoln concept car. Only 1 car was used in the short life of the series and this is what was auctioned.

Does anyone know who the consignor was?

I want to say I remember hearing that the Dentist had The Batmobile but im not sure if I am remembering that correctly

George Barris :makepoint:

Somehow I doubt this is the "original". Barris built many. One is sitting in Gatlinburg, TN

Yes he did and for profit. Those other cars were fords and not the Lincoln concept car. Only 1 car was used in the short life of the series and this is what was auctioned.

theres a replica up here in the Pac NW somewhere cuz it shows up at comic book shows and special events. I saw it in Salem Oregon at Tonys Kingdom of Comics with Batman and Batgirl thrown in for good measure. I'm sure these things are expensive but wouldn't even make it to the 1 million mark

073.jpg

076.jpg

The car that was auctioned was the original car from the series that Barris created. He has owned it from day one. There were six or seven created that had connections to the television show. The Dentist owns one of those, as well as a batcycle. I believe Wikipedia has a list of the role each car played.

You can purchase a custom made Batmobile for between $100,000 - $200,000, depending on what you want in it. There was a custom one at Phila Wizard two or three years ago.

Action1Kid on our boards owns one.

Grand National Roadster Show in Pamona next weekend. I can't make it :(

Might be a Barris car there, I've seen one of his cars at that show before. Not to mention the top Ridler cars there every year.

$20 to get in if anyone's interested, it's one of the most awesome car shows in the country. They award America's Most Beautiful Roadster and Foose gives a design award there as well.

Scary.

Dorothy's shoes get a big yawn from me but marilyn's dress would be cool :)

I wonder what some of Paul Allen's props (Luke's lightsaber, Darth Vader suit, etc - checked these out in the museum in Seattle) would go for.