• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My grail book is finally on E-Bay!

28 posts in this topic

all this talk of front and back covers reminds me of the Action #1 cover that Metro/Comic Connect had up for auction a few years back that ended up at $6k and change. it was the one that had it's logo stripped and was just the Supeman image fc only no back cover. looking back now, I think that price seems like a steal.

all this talk of front and back covers reminds me of the Action #1 cover that Metro/Comic Connect had up for auction a few years back that ended up at $6k and change. it was the one that had it's logo stripped and was just the Supeman image fc only no back cover. looking back now, I think that price seems like a steal.
I could justify paying that for it now. (thumbs u $6800 I believe.

definitely. :cool:

definitely. :cool:

Heck, aren't interior pages trading for close to that now anyway?

IT it expensive sure but it is from an expensive book. I remember seeing half a Whiz 1 cover sell for a ton of cash. If this was the back cover for Action 1 I wonder if the reaction would still be the same. Obviously the seller is looking for the right buyer and that buyer won't care about spending 2500 to make there 10K book worth 20K. It's all about perspective and what someone needs for a book.

James G

It's a fairly ratty looking back cover. I know prices on early Actions have jumped, but I can't imagine the value of a low grade Action #10 ( or any comic for that matter), missing a back cover would double with such a back cover married to it, whether by tape, formal restoration, or just slipped into the mylar.

I'm also curious as to how a back cover with advertising on both sides can be specifically identified as being from Action #10. Is that particular combination otherwise unknown to exist?

I'm also curious as to how a back cover with advertising on both sides can be specifically identified as being from Action #10. Is that particular combination otherwise unknown to exist?

Excellent question.

Doesn't the "Department" number in the coupon help differentiate to some extent? I used to think that they used a different number for each book that they ran the ad in that month, but someone on the boards pointed out that the number was sometimes the same across books. Still maybe in some cases the number can be used in some way as an identifier.

I assume CGC must have some way of telling unless they are relying entirely on the veracity of the submitter.