• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashville Comic Expo - September 14-15, 2013 - LAUREN COHAN from WD + STERANKO!

118 posts in this topic

Opryland used to be awesome in it's day. I wish it still existed like it was back when I was a kid. The hotel is pretty much what is left but is still incredible.

It was neat in its day. It would have flooded out a few years ago during our great 100 year flood.

On the plus, the mall next to the hotel does have a true IMAX theater, one of the few east of the Mississippi

Opryland used to be awesome in it's day. I wish it still existed like it was back when I was a kid. The hotel is pretty much what is left but is still incredible.

It was neat in its day. It would have flooded out a few years ago during our great 100 year flood.

On the plus, the mall next to the hotel does have a true IMAX theater, one of the few east of the Mississippi

Management has acknowledged in interviews that closing the Opryland theme park was a mistake. They had hoped to create a 365 day attraction with the mall. Of course, it flooded, too.

That is the IMAX that I go to when a movie comes out that's worth the 1 1/2 hour drive from Kentucky.

That hotel looks pretty awesome.

It is awesome. But it is HUGE. I get lost all the time there. Seriously.

Chattanooga has one too, about 15 minutes from the house :thumbsup:

Was thinking about coming to this con and was just wondering if any of you guys get together for dinner before the show, wouldn't mind meeting a few fellow board members and talking comics.

Was thinking about coming to this con and was just wondering if any of you guys get together for dinner before the show, wouldn't mind meeting a few fellow board members and talking comics.

If this happens let me know I'll see if I can't get there in time.

I'm busy working up some new old inventory that will include probably 10-12 long boxes of $1, $2, $3 and $5 comics.

Lots of low/mid grade 1940's -1950's Humor, War, Western, Dell, Disney etc. as well as decent condition 1960's -70's superhero comics. Most priced cheaper than a new comic off the stand runs nowadays.

Just stuff I have had for several months and not had the time to process so Nashville will be the first show to bring them to.

My booths are 45 and 29.

Leroy

Nashvillefloor_zps48937256.jpg

Dealers...bring your minty fresh Spawn comics and hide them under the table for me. I'll be around shortly. :)