• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing your GA CGCs

12 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm brand new here, so this may be a stupid question blush.gif but here goes...

As (like many of you) I'm getting to the point where many of my GAs are slabbed, I'm curious, how are you all going about storing them? Do you box them vertically or stack them horizontally? Right now, I've got about 30 stacked in piles of 10 each, but I'm wondering if this is the way to go. I've been hesitant to stack them vertically for fear of getting slab damage on some of those books that shake around a little inside the slabs. Anyhow, I'd be curious as to any advice you could offer as I'd hate to see my treasures get unnecessarily damaged!

Thanks much, and btw, my primary collecting interest is GA pre-code horror, so I'm looking forward to doing some chatting!

Best and hello to all!

--Shrunken

I stack them in CGC storage boxes (which is vertical). Yes, books can get slab damage but not by storing them. They get slab damage by shipping and flipping.

Oh, by the way, it is a stupid question (JUST KIDDING). 27_laughing.gif

Welcome to the boards!!!! acclaim.gif

Hey all, I'm brand new here, so this may be a stupid question blush.gif but here goes...

As (like many of you) I'm getting to the point where many of my GAs are slabbed, I'm curious, how are you all going about storing them? Do you box them vertically or stack them horizontally? Right now, I've got about 30 stacked in piles of 10 each, but I'm wondering if this is the way to go. I've been hesitant to stack them vertically for fear of getting slab damage on some of those books that shake around a little inside the slabs. Anyhow, I'd be curious as to any advice you could offer as I'd hate to see my treasures get unnecessarily damaged!

Thanks much, and btw, my primary collecting interest is GA pre-code horror, so I'm looking forward to doing some chatting!

Best and hello to all!

--Shrunken

I store mine vertically in a file cabinet!

BTW

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS

The best method I have found for slabbed books, regalrdess of age, is to have them vertical with the spine down. I have mine on a shelf, with the labels outward so you can read them easily. Also, less damage can occur in the well this way.

I store mine in vertically in empty Pampers diaper boxes. Fits perfectly, and fools the comic book crooks, who would never think to look there. Except for the crooks that want baby supplies. But they're fooled anyway, because they get home and they have comics instead of diapers!! Ha ha! That will teach them to steal diapers.

But then my comics are gone, so I guess the joke's on me.

I store mine in vertically in empty Pampers diaper boxes. Fits perfectly, and fools the comic book crooks, who would never think to look there. Except for the crooks that want baby supplies. But they're fooled anyway, because they get home and they have comics instead of diapers!! Ha ha! That will teach them to steal diapers.

But then my comics are gone, so I guess the joke's on me.

Sounds like something that would have happened in Raising Arizona...

The best method I have found for slabbed books, regalrdess of age, is to have them vertical with the spine down. I have mine on a shelf, with the labels outward so you can read them easily. Also, less damage can occur in the well this way.

I do the same...... 893applaud-thumb.gif

I do the same...... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Has anyone actually had damage occur from storing slabbed books vertically with the bottom of the book down?