• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

S.H.I.E.L.D. the new TV show

45 posts in this topic

ABC makes it official. Agents of SHIELD TV show has been picked up for next season.

From their press release:

"Clark Gregg reprises his role of Agent Phil Coulson from Marvel’s feature films as he assembles a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. Coulson’s team consists of Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) expert pilot and martial artist, Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker); brilliant engineer and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) genius bio-chemist. Joining them on their journey into mystery is new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

From Executive Producers Joss Whedon (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer”); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” pilot co-writers (“Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”); Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”); and Jeph Loeb (“Smallville”) comes Marvel’s first TV series. “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television."

ABC also tweeted that you can get a first glimpse of the show this Sunday during Once Upon A Time's season finale.

Gawd - I am almost done with my Nick Fury run of Strange Tales. I gotta get that wrapped up before it goes bananas.

Well. From that idea, the show doesn't sound too interesting. Basically sounds like they made a spin off about red shirts. Oh well, I'm always willing to give nerd stuff a chance.

HHMM so ABC goes with CSI Shield which will be lucky to last 6 episodes, but NBC can't find a spot for SG what is wrong with TV doh!

Disney owns abc and marvel, do the math

Ha - Already own a 9.0 ST 135.

Just for poops and giggles I picked up 2 copies of Battle Scars 1 for $3 each.

Either way I am looking forward to it but fear over-saturation. THIS could be where the franchise jumps the shark and loses its 'special' factor. Do I need to see Avengers related things every week? Maybe as part of a TV movie or something...

We shall see.