• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

S.H.I.E.L.D. the new TV show

45 posts in this topic

I dunno, this all reminds me of T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Squad, the non-supersuited agents in the classic T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents comics from the 60's.

I found those to be quite readable, and Agent Coulson strikes just the right note in the movies.

I'll watch it.

Say cheese!

390761_10151566665942488_2126276363_n.jpg

thats_racist_zpsada3133a.gif

White folk......... Keeping the world safe since 2013.

So you missed the Asian woman there?

All non Black's looks the same?

f.gif

Say cheese!

f.gif

:roflmao:

Nah, I saw her. I just conveniently dismissed her for the sake of making a joke. :grin:

But when I first saw the photo I thought, "Wow, I can't remember the last time I saw a predominately white cast.".

(Except maybe in The Avengers, Spider-Man 1, 2, 3, ASM, The Hulk, The Incredible Hulk, Daredevil, Green Lantern, Batman 1 through 8, The Punisher, Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, Elektra, Superman 1 through 8, X-Men 1 through 8, Wolverine, and Smallville.)

Heh, after doing a bit of Google digging, I ran across something that has been flying below my radar.

If you haven't already seen them, go to YouTube and search for Marvel One Shot "The Consultant" and "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer"

Suddenly I'm feeling much more confident about the teevee show.

Mmm... Ming-Na is quite attractive.

And I love that Nick Fury pic, as he is all strapped in and still has his stogie in his mouth!

:lol:

-slym

Didn't he basically do a HALO jump in the Steranko run with a stogie in his mouth hm ?

So this is prequel to avengers, does this mean they,ll be doing stuff related to the avengers as well since he was shown in other movies? Like an episode where they go to captain america's crashed jet or thor's hammer since he was there in the movies.

Guest Grails

No interest in seeing this. Coulson was a disposable character in the movies that I didn't care about.

Say cheese!

J. August Richards

J._August_Richards_2012.jpg

"On April 5, 2013 TVLine confirmed that Richards had been given an unspecified role in ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Say cheese!

f.gif

:roflmao:

Nah, I saw her. I just conveniently dismissed her for the sake of making a joke. :grin:

But when I first saw the photo I thought, "Wow, I can't remember the last time I saw a predominately white cast.".

(Except maybe in The Avengers, Spider-Man 1, 2, 3, ASM, The Hulk, The Incredible Hulk, Daredevil, Green Lantern, Batman 1 through 8, The Punisher, Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, Elektra, Superman 1 through 8, X-Men 1 through 8, Wolverine, and Smallville.)

Funny , but true (but atleast this is acurate to the comic books) *lol* I saw Hunger Games for the first time a month ago. And noticed that about 99.5% of the people were white.:( and those who watched it before noticed it too...saw the new Hunger Games preview and I guess they tried to be more diverse....

Not focusing on racism per say, but it seems that we are not even aware of these things anymore..

:applause: I have high hopes for this series.

+1 - I think we're going to get introduced to a lot of Marvel Universe people that might not have been big enough for a Movie treatment, but still interesting to see on the small screen. :headbang:

Been a fan of Coulson since: