• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage 2013 February 21-23 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Auction

274 posts in this topic

16500 you say.... but what will Mmedhy think?

He will be searching for the hidden Duck image inside the piece. It's the only explanation for the sale price.

Nah still dont agree. Thats a gut punch. Look where spideys arm ends visually for his whole fist and half his forearm. He would have to be driving Hulks nuts 2 feet into is abdomen. Funny thing to me is actually even if everytime I looked at this cover and that is what I thought and all I saw(nut punch) I still think it would be cool being Hulks expression fits that punch as well. I have a dark sense of humor given but its kind of funny if he were to punch the big guy in the nonads. But alas I dont see it.

Maybe some of the McFarlane fans were too young to remember buying his stuff on the stands and knowing what the reaction was the instant everyone saw it, but I remember vividly. It's the "Holy Carp! Can you believe Todd had Spidey falcon punch Hulk in the Gamma-Gonads?!"

It is hilarious, and the Hulk's face is perfect for it. I am not knocking the cover, at all. It's not a favorite, artistically, of mine, but the subject matter has been comic comedy gold for decades now. lol

I was already buying from comic shops by then and just never heard that, ever, until this thread. Wish I saw it because it would be funny.

Nah still dont agree. Thats a gut punch. Look where spideys arm ends visually for his whole fist and half his forearm. He would have to be driving Hulks nuts 2 feet into is abdomen. Funny thing to me is actually even if everytime I looked at this cover and that is what I thought and all I saw(nut punch) I still think it would be cool being Hulks expression fits that punch as well. I have a dark sense of humor given but its kind of funny if he were to punch the big guy in the nonads. But alas I dont see it.

Maybe some of the McFarlane fans were too young to remember buying his stuff on the stands and knowing what the reaction was the instant everyone saw it, but I remember vividly. It's the "Holy Carp! Can you believe Todd had Spidey falcon punch Hulk in the Gamma-Gonads?!"

It is hilarious, and the Hulk's face is perfect for it. I am not knocking the cover, at all. It's not a favorite, artistically, of mine, but the subject matter has been comic comedy gold for decades now. lol

I was already buying from comic shops by then and just never heard that, ever, until this thread. Wish I saw it because it would be funny.

That's a shame. Around Chicago, it was a giggle was day one. lol

That's a shame. Around Chicago, it was a giggle was day one. lol

Well a good laugh is never bad.

Now that Alf cover posted earlier...jeez louise. I don't even know what was intended there or how it passed the CCA, but if I owned it I would swap that word balloon over to the seal.