• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage 2013 February 21-23 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Auction

274 posts in this topic

Here you go:

http://splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=25060&ArtistId=123&Details=0&Mag=Daredevil+Cover&From=TDetail

This is the original art to the Daredevil Issue 3 Cover. It is drawn in pencils by Paolo Rivera on one piece of 11 X 17" comic art board & inked by Joe Rivera, his father, on a second piece of 11 X 17" comic art board. Both the pencils & inks come together for the marked price.

So I wonder if the original pencils come with the inked cover?

Here you go:

http://splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=25060&ArtistId=123&Details=0&Mag=Daredevil+Cover&From=TDetail

This is the original art to the Daredevil Issue 3 Cover. It is drawn in pencils by Paolo Rivera on one piece of 11 X 17" comic art board & inked by Joe Rivera, his father, on a second piece of 11 X 17" comic art board. Both the pencils & inks come together for the marked price.

So I wonder if the original pencils come with the inked cover?

Paolo did a few covers without his father, the #10 being one of them. On those pieces the inks were not seperated from the pencils. So this is the only version of the cover. Pencils and inks on the same board.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26Focused%3D1%26f1%3Da%2EMaxBid%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di%2ETitle%252C%2Bi%2EIssueNumber%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Da%2EMaxBid%26ODire3%3DDESC%23Item_956520&id=956520

One of the many reasons this cover is special, IMO.

Here is a time lapse video of Paolo inking the #10 cover.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/12/21/daredevil-paolo-rivera-time-lapse-video/

Thanks for clearing that up - that is awesome!

Paolo is a wonderful artist, but this piece is so far, head and shoulders, above everything else I've seen in his portfolio (both ink and paint) that it's amazing to see them side by side with his standard style covers.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/12/21/daredevil-paolo-rivera-time-lapse-video/

Here's another time lapse. This guy is good.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/02/05/paolo-rivera-daredevil-cover-time-lapse-video-process/

Yeah, thanks as well. Paolo is crazy good, and a great person as well. I was lucky enough to have him paint my daughters a few years ago, not likely to have that opportunity now that he has blown up. Good for him.

Paolo is a wonderful artist, but this piece is so far, head and shoulders, above everything else I've seen in his portfolio (both ink and paint) that it's amazing to see them side by side with his standard style covers.

wow I wasn't familiar with that piece, what a great cover and quite refreshing

Hi everyone first post here but I am a long time reader. I had to register and chime in on this one. I contacted clink prior to auction to get details on this cover and it definitely is the only version in existence with paolo doing pencilling and inking. I currently don't have any of his pieces but I was going to go hard at this cover and my top bid was to be around 6k which I though would have a given me a decent shot at winning this cover. Not to take anything away from this cover but I am astounded at the current bids on it and can't wait to find out where it finishes. I think there are 2 parties who both have the means and just plain want this cover. I love the cover and the new owner will be getting an amazing piece of art but with the price already at double of what a nice finch cover that features major characters goes for, it just seems that this is now a battle of 2 "gotta have its" and not really based on the market anymore. Either way an awesome cover and the video is amazing to watch.

Chris

Hi everyone first post here but I am a long time reader. I had to register and chime in on this one. I contacted clink prior to auction to get details on this cover and it definitely is the only version in existence with paolo doing pencilling and inking. I currently don't have any of his pieces but I was going to go hard at this cover and my top bid was to be around 6k which I though would have a given me a decent shot at winning this cover. Not to take anything away from this cover but I am astounded at the current bids on it and can't wait to find out where it finishes. I think there are 2 parties who both have the means and just plain want this cover. I love the cover and the new owner will be getting an amazing piece of art but with the price already at double of what a nice finch cover that features major characters goes for, it just seems that this is now a battle of 2 "gotta have its" and not really based on the market anymore. Either way an awesome cover and the video is amazing to watch.

Chris

I don't get the big deal... there's not even a nut shot in this one!

:jokealert:

Chris

I don't get the big deal... there's not even a nut shot in this one!

:jokealert:

Then it would be 20K

I know this isn't Heritage, but has anyone been watching the Paolo Rivera cover for DD #10 on CL? I must say, it's a fantastic modern cover but I never expected the level of bidding that's gone on.

Just saw that last night...I was a little shocked. It's gorgeous, but it's almost $10k, right?

Hmmm...I'd be terrfied to spend this much on a modern artist but guess greg Capullo might not be so crazy with his prices after all.

I know this isn't Heritage, but has anyone been watching the Paolo Rivera cover for DD #10 on CL? I must say, it's a fantastic modern cover but I never expected the level of bidding that's gone on.

Just saw that last night...I was a little shocked. It's gorgeous, but it's almost $10k, right?

Hmmm...I'd be terrfied to spend this much on a modern artist but guess greg Capullo might not be so crazy with his prices after all.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

(I agree with you)

(I agree with you)

Probably the best comic cover published last year, but I agree, I was out at 7K

(I agree with you)

Probably the best comic cover published last year, but I agree, I was out at 7K

I had to go back and look at it after all the talk. I had just seen the thumbnails and thought it was painted. It's a really tremendous piece.