• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Well Said Ken!

Will the TPB have some of the unused artwork as bonus material?

Also, any idea what SRP will be for the first trade?

I should find out today what the SRP is for the trade. Hoping it's 9.99. And Image will have a press release on it very soon.

For the trade we will be putting in bloopers. There were a lot of scenes where the characters screwed up their lines on the first take. "Take TWO!"

That is an awesome idea and a hilarious one at that.

Oh my gawd....the prison sequences throughout this book are hilarious. I kind of feel more like I am watching a movie..or a TV show unfold each week.I think another member said "cinematic" in the past. I get this feeling as well. Issues 1 and 2 were great, but 3 and 4 just built on them and just continued that greatness. Folks, check out some of the prison dialogue in this book...very funny...as well as that chief of police guy...can't remember his name now.

I don't feel quite as sad for Todd's family due to the fact that TODD keeps me busy laughing.....

Last page of #4 is ...well, like WOW. The storyline could have just really opened up. High 5 Ken for all the creative writing along side the colorist and Perkers pencils!

Still waiting on that TODD action figure. ;)

EDIT: I ahve actually purchased several of each issue after reading #1 with the intent of giving some out to friends. Call me selfish..I know...but now holding on to them all. :takeit:

Edited by kayakkid

Man if thats the cover to issue 5 the hate mail is coming lol.

MK should be done with #5's cover by the end of next week....can't wait.

:gossip: look at the Rachel Rising thread, talk to Hollywood and get someone to "option" TTUKOE for a TV show. "Boom goes the dynamite"

What the?....you need "FINE WEED", but hold the "L". Hmm, lol

"WE NEED FIDDLE"......Huh?

Ken, you've been writing too much lately! :)

"Stoke up that fire...and bring back that fiddle player...he was quite good."

Billy The Kid, Young Guns

That would be cool if they made a tv series out of Todd The ugliest kid

Word scramble --- delfinewde

I still don't get what "Weidenfeld" has to do with the statement Kevin76 made... :shrug:

The below is from an article that ran today on Bleeding Cool:

In order to boost numbers, publishers are targeting and promoting collecting comics rather than reading comics. They are cashing in off the back of speculation, limited variants, and collector’s editions; all these aspects that fetishise the hobby, and help to ensure it remains a niche pursuit. And they are doing this at the expense of comic stores.

Case in point: SEX #1, out last month from Image comics had ‘First Issue –Collector’s Item’ on its cover. Not ‘great story’ or any review quotes and praise. No, the main selling point of this book, in the view of either the creator, editor, or the publisher was that it would seemingly accumulate value over time. Talk about a lack of faith in your product, or at the very least, highly cynical selling of your product.

I bought SEX #1 and #2 yesterday (Shout-out -- at Blastoff Comics in North Hollywood!) and noticed the "Collector's Item!" boldly scrawled across both covers and instantly thought....irony. Right? I mean, I don't know Joe Casey, but I know "of" him and it doesn't seem like he'd put something like that on his covers un-ironically. Am I crazy?

All these are just silly and I am glad Todd is not a part of that.

Keep the quality going

Keep the real marketing going (going for signings, going for conferences, interacting with fans on forums etc)

These 2 will help to see the comic build up a nice and healthy fan base. Not necessary to have all this collector item wildly_fanciful_statement.