• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

That is Ryan's auction, I think.

I bought one at $92. Stupid me. Should have waited and bought this one instead, to add to the 2 other auctions I won from him :)

Edited by aaronc

That is Ryan's auction, I think.

I bought one at $92. Stupid me. Should have waited and bought this one instead, to add to the 2 other auctions I won from him :)

Yeah, that was Ryan's auction. I bid, but lost lol

Anybody can enlightened me on how cgc prices are suddenly so depressed?

Is it just because of Con season or somehow the entire market is suddenly realising that modern comics shouldn't be worth so much?

I miss Todd and that FF sketch cover is beyond words.

Can't wait for #5 ish! But the wait! Darn, I hate waiting...for the birds don't ya know.

That first arc has some awesome momentum. Looking forward what Ken comes up with for the next arc...as well as some fantastico art. :) Hurry up and wait some more.

What was the print run of #1 in the end please?

They should start climbing of course once the series resumes.

That was one of the things discussed in the April data thread.

Why everybody assumes that just because a title is monthly means that it will rise over time? Data shows that only less than 10% of the titles being released actually see increase in print run over time. Most will see decline.

Currently, I will say Todd is stable but its fourth issue is still a 10% drop off its first issue.

Hard to say if this will increase over time (bearing no tv or movie news) (shrug)

Why everybody assumes that just because a title is monthly means that it will rise over time? Data shows that only less than 10% of the titles being released actually see increase in print run over time. Most will see decline.

Currently, I will say Todd is stable but its fourth issue is still a 10% drop off its first issue.

Hard to say if this will increase over time (bearing no tv or movie news) (shrug)

considering how much speculation there has been in the last 6 months, a 10% drop only is pretty much #winning. #1s always sell much more, even more so in speculator driven eras.

A stable print run is a rare thing, and speaks to the quality of the material.

considering how much speculation there has been in the last 6 months, a 10% drop only is pretty much #winning. #1s always sell much more, even more so in speculator driven eras.

A stable print run is a rare thing, and speaks to the quality of the material.

Not a real fan of the series but even I have to admit that this speaks highly of the title.

In my neck of the woods, most people ignore minis until the TPB comes out. A lot of people don't even know this has been continued... I am very anxious to see how the print run rises once #5 comes out after the first TPB is released.

so let's assume it remains stable, how long will we see this being reflected as increasing prices?

Never been through this cycle before so pardon the newbie question. :)

as others have said, people mostly think its a finished mini. In terms of "cycles", its hard to say. 2012/2013 is seeing some things that havent been around in almost a generation. (90s bubble).

In terms of the yearly cycle. Many view "convention season" as a down time for online sales and prices. The idea being that many people are spending a lot of money at conventions (less money in the buying pool), and things are more available offline (all the conventions serving buyers as well).