• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

I think the Sixth Gun run was fueled because no one had multiple or any copies ready. Todd has as Zeta just pointed out a lot of dumping the last few months.

That's what I'm saying. It's starting to get aggressive up in this piece. I feel like everyone was just waiting for something to start the 2012 spec machine up again. lol

And I don't say that to insult anyone. I think spec-ing on mods is fun. But it was a quick downturn on a number of books after Sixth Gun collapsed.

I think spec-ing on mods is fun.

It's the spice of life man!

Good times.

I am curious as to what most of you think an average Image run of 7,000 is in the hands of speculators as opposed to readers/collectors?

Yeah I'm definitely not selling them for as little as $1,200. I dont expect this to have the same success as Walking Dead, in honesty I'm not sure anything ever will again. However, we have the perfect recipe for huge returns down the line. We've got a book that has a miniscule 7,000 print run. Additionally, it's been several months since the release with a huge dip in the value of the book. That means a lot of speculators dumped their collection and/or as I read on here, literally threw them away. When you factor in the low print run with the failed speculators and then couple that with the 75% of people that read and damaged or even read and discarded the book, I project we have somewhere between 1,000-1,500 pristine copies remaining. The fan base is going to continue to grow and as soon as the release of the show, explode. My money is on saving the bulk of the collection until the show comes out and cross my fingers for it to be successful. I dont think Walking Dead numbers are realistic but we could easily see 25% of that book cover value in the next 12 months pending the release date of the show. Stay tuned for the ride and hold on tight!

Just my recommendation for a wholesale bulk price, but if you can get $2000, more power ;)

I am curious as to what most of you think an average Image run of 7,000 is in the hands of speculators as opposed to readers/collectors?

Well let's start. I have 17 copies. I know Hulk44 has 1 because I sold him a set a few weeks back. And I sold 7 copies of #1 in early February.

Well let's start. I have 17 copies. I know Hulk44 has 1 because I sold him a set a few weeks back. And I sold 7 copies of #1 in early February.

I have 4 (shrug)

I have 4 (shrug)

I had 5 sets....down to 3.

Yeah I'm definitely not selling them for as little as $1,200. I dont expect this to have the same success as Walking Dead, in honesty I'm not sure anything ever will again. However, we have the perfect recipe for huge returns down the line. We've got a book that has a miniscule 7,000 print run. Additionally, it's been several months since the release with a huge dip in the value of the book. That means a lot of speculators dumped their collection and/or as I read on here, literally threw them away. When you factor in the low print run with the failed speculators and then couple that with the 75% of people that read and damaged or even read and discarded the book, I project we have somewhere between 1,000-1,500 pristine copies remaining. The fan base is going to continue to grow and as soon as the release of the show, explode. My money is on saving the bulk of the collection until the show comes out and cross my fingers for it to be successful. I dont think Walking Dead numbers are realistic but we could easily see 25% of that book cover value in the next 12 months pending the release date of the show. Stay tuned for the ride and hold on tight!

Just my recommendation for a wholesale bulk price, but if you can get $2000, more power ;)

There's plenty of things I disagree with on this long post but not going to beat up on a newb too much. Here's my advice: I was offered $700 each for my 3 Sixth Gun #1 9.8's when i first got them. doh!

So we have 30 as of Hulk44 posting. The new member said he had 20. And you figure Larry is going to post a picture of an unopened Diamond box in the next few hours. We have 80% of the print run.

A cartoon on Disney xD or Adult Swim to be as popular as TWD?

(shrug)

What if Venture Bros. started as a comic? Definitely not as successful as WD, but quite successful in the 18-34 demo.

Black Dynamite is the only comparable book in my opinion. Well, Grimm Fairy Tales is a animated tv show by Titmouse on adult swim. But Black Dynamite was a movie, than a comic, than a cartoon on Adult Swim.

Now if Frisky Dingo started as a comic...