• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

I'll drink to that!

Guys,

Sorry if this has already been discussed but what happened to this comic? Was it canceled? Is the writer/artist sick and that's the reason for the delay?

I love IMAGE but I hate how a comic stops coming out without any explanation from the creators. Was Bedlam officially canceled?

The artist was having personal issues which was one thing that caused the stop. If memory serves, they initially intended to do just the 4 issues. Demand drove issues 5 through 8 which were incredible. I don't imagine the series was enormously profitable based on the print run but it should have been. The story made me laugh so hard I almost had an accident. lol

Ken, the writer, came here and on other sites interacting with fans and promoting the book. He has been successful in other endeavors and this likely took a back seat to bigger projects.

No matter, this book is one that I doubt will ever be forgotten. Never been anything quite like it on the market and may never be again. The trades are cheap and absolutely worth buying. They've been added to my "take on vacation" books. I'm still hopeful we see something in the future about the Boy Scouts, even a one shot would be welcome news. :wishluck:

TtUKoE was/is definitely special, so much so that like Tom pointed out, it went from a 4-issue mini to 8 issues.

It was one of my favorite books and one I'd def look forward to read on day of release, so it's very disappointing that no more issues were released. This book would probably translate well to an animated show and there was something in the works for that too, which apparently also stalled. It would have been a great addition to Adult Swim, though!

As for Bedlam... I have no idea what happened there, but it's another book I enjoyed a lot. Maybe you should tweet Nick Spencer and ask him about it. :idea:

What happened with Bedlam is that is looks like Nick Spencer alienated 2 artists in a row and is too busy being a corporate suckup, doing his Marvel books in lieu of anything original.

I miss Bedlam, Madder Red was the best new character created by anyone in several years but he'd rather waste his time and energy tweeting like a high school revolutionary.

I think that Todd is like a band that broke up and doesn't tell their fans because the one remaining member hopes they'll get back together.

he'd rather waste his time and energy tweeting like a high school revolutionary.

My god. Tell me about it. I had to unfollow him despite wanting Bedlam updates (which probably aren't coming any time soon anyway).

This is one of the few books that I have read in many years that I thought had enormous potential. While I don't sometimes care for some of the adult content the book had created a niche.

It could publish an issue tomorrow with no advance notice and it would sell out. What I hope is the writer realizes what he has before its too late. Sometimes when you are younger you don't realize what you have. By the time you are old enough to realize its too late.

he'd rather waste his time and energy tweeting like a high school revolutionary.

My god. Tell me about it. I had to unfollow him despite wanting Bedlam updates (which probably aren't coming any time soon anyway).

I got banned by Spencer's twitter...I voiced my opinions too often for his liking.

I got banned by Spencer's twitter...I voiced my opinions too often for his liking.

I can't imagine... :roflmao:

All these new posts... I thought there was an update on TODD resurrecting like the Phoenix! Alas, it's none of that. :sorry:

Hoping, hoping, hoping... I sent 2 more #1s off to be graded. Todd rocks. Ken is at the top of great comic writers and I'm happy to know that there are still many of us in the " Patiently Waiting for Todd" movie. Hahaha lol