• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morning Glories

133 posts in this topic

I'm curious why anyone thinks that putting out like 8 covers for each issue is helping anything. It seems like all I ever read in this thread are people who are totally confused and/or looking for a reason to drop it. Does going to 8 covers a month help readership? This seems to be the easiest way to ensure that the title is killed. 2c

I'm curious why anyone thinks that putting out like 8 covers for each issue is helping anything. It seems like all I ever read in this thread are people who are totally confused and/or looking for a reason to drop it. Does going to 8 covers a month help readership? This seems to be the easiest way to ensure that the title is killed. 2c

they will be back to 1 cover after this issue. *phew* ! I still enjoy reading it even though its a bit convoluted right now

All it did was dramatically up sales of the single issues. Not sure how that kills it.

Beyond that, this thread isn't really an accurate indicator of the book's success. We've got one of the most fervent, die-hard fanbases in comics these days. I really wouldn't worry about the book's future.

All it did was dramatically up sales of the single issues. Not sure how that kills it.

Beyond that, this thread isn't really an accurate indicator of the book's success. We've got one of the most fervent, die-hard fanbases in comics these days. I really wouldn't worry about the book's future.

Agreed. I don't get why everyone wants all the answers straight away when this is plotted out as a 100 issue story.

Having said that I can see why it's not for everyone. Personally, I find this type of book more rewarding I know that I will get multiple reads out of it. I also imagine that it will be great to reread once the series is completed and everything is answered.

Each to their own.

I blame it on the instant needs to be met. A title needs to instantly be a 20 dollar or more books and tell the speculators where its going right away. I honestly think if you don't have patience in this hobby a burnout is quick. 2c

Nick is absolutely correct. The fans of morning glories, like my wife, is obsess about the story. She kept reading and reading to find any new clues that she might have missed. I lost count of the number of times she has reread the entire series.

Early on in Walking Dead, they wisely included a relational character chart at the end of issues. I would recommend the same for this book. Especially with variations of the same character from different time frames.

Pat

:applause:

I've been in since the beginning, still on my pull list. Love it. Also the "confusing" complaints have been there since the start and I've never understood that. NEED ANSWERS NAOW? I love a good mystery that's written well and looks gorgeous.

As an aside. I lent my #1 to my boyfriend and he spilt orange juice all over it. How should I kill him?