• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indie Coppers so bad that they are actually...well...they are just bad...
3 3

522 posts in this topic

This one proves that some of these comics produced professionals now and then. Ron Lim did the interiors as well.

65208_10151426602103187_36474076_n.jpg

I enjoyed that short series. I got my #1 graded.

1701131806034.jpg

I have the first two issues of the first series, but not graded. It must have been more durable than I'd realized, since it popped up at another publisher a couple of years later.

I have the first two issues of the first series, but not graded. It must have been more durable than I'd realized, since it popped up at another publisher a couple of years later.

It did have some staying power evidently. I was a slut for team books back then. I was in college and bought sporadically and stopped entirely in 86. I still have most of them around.

I had this one graded also.

1801132211451.jpg

And this one has as much detail inside as it does on the cover. :)

28988_10151426602633187_1221551757_n.jpg

I sold off a Vol. 1 set about a year ago on ebay. As much as it was fun to own the early appearances of Zen, that artwork was a little tough to take in.

I'm sure it made a hardcore fan happy.

Silverwolf had a fair bit of talent early on for what they were.

Indeed: Ron Lim, Tim Vigil, Gary Amaro, and Phil Hester. And they hired and fired Rob Liefeld before he had anything published as well.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

And they hired and fired Rob Liefeld before he had anything published as well.

I didn't realize this.

Silverwolf was the first company to hire artist Rob Liefeld, though he never actually had any work published (he was hired to draw the first issue of Stech but he dropped out after finding other work and was replaced by Lorenzo Lizanna (later of Artline Studios).

But it looks like Liefeld left.

Yeah I remember reading that Liefeld had worked there but wasn't sure if I had the comic or not. I have a pretty good but not quite complete Silverwolf collection.

I was like that with Aircel for a while. Anything Aircel, I was going after it. But I found the early issues are what I appreciated the most when it came to Elflord and Samurai. I probably could be convinced to go after Dragonring and Stark Future as well.

What's the best series from Silverwolf?

And they hired and fired Rob Liefeld before he had anything published as well.

I didn't realize this.

Silverwolf was the first company to hire artist Rob Liefeld, though he never actually had any work published (he was hired to draw the first issue of Stech but he dropped out after finding other work and was replaced by Lorenzo Lizanna (later of Artline Studios).

But it looks like Liefeld left.

I realistically view that situation as both. He was hired and didn't do the job.

Yeah I remember reading that Liefeld had worked there but wasn't sure if I had the comic or not. I have a pretty good but not quite complete Silverwolf collection.

I was like that with Aircel for a while. Anything Aircel, I was going after it. But I found the early issues are what I appreciated the most when it came to Elflord and Samurai. I probably could be convinced to go after Dragonring and Stark Future as well.

What's the best series from Silverwolf?

The main Silverwolf books were Grips (4 issues), Fat Ninja (5 issues), and Eradicators (4 issues). Now After that company folded Kris Silver restarted under the Greater Mercury Comics banner. GMC had a longer run with some titles making it over 10 issues. Most interest seems to come from Tim Vigil collectors since his early works appeared in a variety of different books under both companies.

Click my signature link and you can get checklists and see scans of just about everything.