• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indie Coppers so bad that they are actually...well...they are just bad...
3 3

522 posts in this topic

Even a comic like this is amusing to me. It appears to be dedicated to the "Million Man March"

nn Original Boy: Day of Atonement (no indicia)

nn_Original_Boy_Day_of_Atonement_53.jpg

Here are some other Omega 7 products.

The Mighty Ace #1

001_Mighty_Ace_535px.jpg

Is it wrong to laugh because there is a spade on his chest?

000_Original_Man.jpg

001_Original_Man_the_Most_Powerful_.jpg

DG

Edited by dgarthwaite

Even a comic like this is amusing to me. It appears to be dedicated to the "Million Man March"

nn Original Boy: Day of Atonement (no indicia)

nn_Original_Boy_Day_of_Atonement_53.jpg

Amusing to me because this is what it reminds me of:

7K0b9Qi.jpg

This one is so bad it's awesome....

Zwanna, Son of Zulu #1 (DZL)

001_Zwanna_Son_of_Zulu_535px.png

For some reason, I thought this was less racist than it is. I may have another copy of this comic in my collection, but I went ahead and shelled out the 50 cents to get this particular one. Upon opening it and reading it, I think this is one of the most unintentionally funny comics that I've ever read. What makes it funny is that all the bad people in the comic are white. The normal dialogue at the beginning is about hooking up for sex, and then that shifts into information about the hero's African heritage.

Here is the first page in the story that made me laugh.

sample1_Zwanna_Son_of_Zulu.png

Of course the hero does the right thing by having sex with the girl...

sample2_Zwanna_Son_of_Zulu.png

Later we are introduced the the bad people... the white people. The first bad people are the white people in charge of a spy organization. I'll show them in a little bit. Second, the hero is attacked by racist skinheads wearing rebel flag t-shirts. Here are the skinheads...

sample3_Zwanna_Son_of_Zulu.png

sample4_Zwanna_Son_of_Zulu.png

Later the hero gets captured by the white people running the spy organization. They just happen to all be gay transvestites.

sample5_Zwanna_Son_of_Zulu.png

I can't help but be amused that all the white people in the comic are either violent skinheads or gay cross-dressers. On the other hand, the black characters are just as sterotypical whether this is intended or not.

Initially upon looking at it, some of the art reminded me of Eric Larsen's style. Imagine my further amusement when the bound in card was drawn by... yes... Eric Larsen.

001_card_Zwanna_Son_of_Zulu_med.png

The African themed comics of the 90's are untold gems. Not because the quality is good. The quality isn't good. They are gems because they are snapshots of racial tension and frustration. A historical record.

Normally I do not open a comic to scan the interior pages. On this comic I felt compelled.

DG

Just got one. :applause:

The African themed comics of the 90's are untold gems. Not because the quality is good. The quality isn't good. They are gems because they are snapshots of racial tension and frustration. A historical record.

Normally I do not open a comic to scan the interior pages. On this comic I felt compelled.

DG

Along the same line, I have the full line of these stored safely away, so these are not my pictures, but if you have not seen these comics they are some of my favorite comics EVER!!! Real Deal Comics:

EidSTa2l.jpg

M3NFV6ml.jpg

Qr8spB9l.jpg

The first issue was oversized and published in the 90's. It's simply glorious. Hubbard recently started selling his stock of old issues on the new website here:

http://www.realdealcomix.com

I just recently stocked up on my missing issues. Anyways, you can also read more about the series and see some art here:

http://comicscomicsmag.com/2009/05/real-deal-real-story.html

I cannot recommend these highly enough!

I remember getting the first tabloid issue as a freebie at my LCS when they couldn't sell them. All the copies had a big tear in the back cover. I never saw the later issues, and apparently foolishly tossed the tabloid in the recycling when organizing my books a few years later.

hahahaha!!!!!!!! Street brawl going on and the dude in the back is happily shredding away on his guitar! lol

I believe that is what we would call a "bard", +3 to Charisma for shredding in a cutoff shirt with matching headband!